200

"If you leave her right now, her blood will be on your hands."

•~•

TIMELESS PART 2

200

You woke up in the nurse's office alone, draped by the subtle shadow of the night sky. What time was it? Peeping out the window, you saw the full moon in all its ethereal beauty. It's soft light just bright enough to highlight your cheekbones in a cool white tint. It was peaceful...

Until reality sunk in.

As if that man's piercing aura was present, your hands reactively clenched your throat. How were you still alive?! Stuck in the polyrhythmic pittering of your heart, the shock finally seeped through. That was, until you were able to be rational. If you woke up in the nurse's office, you had to be safe.

From the soft speckling of starlight to the linen sheets that covered you, your gaze playfully wandered around the room as you tried to piece everything together.

Toji Zen'in... or Fushiguro, now. He was the last man you saw, digging his sword into the side of your neck while the love of your life stood 50 feet away in horror. Though you could still feel residual pain in your stomach, the aches you felt in your neck were far more uncomfortable. How you were able to survive was beyond any answer you could find here.

It hurt to move, but you still persisted. Shifting your gaze to the wooden nightstand, you noticed your phone was left within an arm's reach. So, you picked it up. A part of you hoped for a text or a voicemail or something, but reality fell short. Nothing. Not even a notification - or even a software update. As you felt your heartbeat peak back up, all you could do was review the events as you last remembered them. Toji Fushiguro appeared behind you, the cold steel of his sword digging into the side of your neck as you tried to reverse-curse heal Satoru through your red string so he wouldn't die with you. Were you successful? You can't quite remember. But you didn't have a single message from him, so you immediately called him to make sure.

The results weren't what you had expected. You thought your phone would ring out, hopeful that he'd pick up within the first few seconds, but instead you were met with a buzz. It was muffled, but it was definitely in this room. As your eyes trailed to the source, a stupid smile coated your lips.

"Satoru," the name came out with little resistance, your eyes delicately tracing the offender that was currently resting on your lap. You weren't sure how you missed him at first, but he was more serene than usual. His only response was made through tiny snores.

This was enough for you to sigh out in relief. Was it because he was alright, or did you feel safe around him? Whatever it was, it could wait. Your guest was starting to wake.

His sparkling azure eyes fluttered up in your direction, head tilting ever so slightly so that you could see the wrinkled fabric of your light blanket underneath dusted with some soft tear stains. But before you could comment, Satoru was quick to get his words out.

"Y/n..." your name floated around with some type of history you couldn't quite understand. Cocking your head to the side your mouth opened, but you were swiftly interrupted. "I-I'm so sorry."

His blue eyes were met by your blank stares. Admittedly, it took you longer to process. You had a lot on your mind to sift through, but you were eventually able to reply.

"It's not your fault," you responded, entwining your fingers with his unsuspecting touch. "No one expected an intruder. It's not like I'm dead, I'm fine now. We both are."