209

It was late.

You were nodding off in a perpetual loop of falling asleep, only to be woken up again by the bumpy road. Though this wasn't your ideal scenario, this was the situation you had to deal with until your destination.

After all the paperwork was sorted, you finally had the proper clearance to rest at the Gojo Clan for the remainder of your recovery. Satoru's father sent for one of the Gojo Clan staff to pick you up, so here you were in the back of an SUV tightly wrapped in some assortment of miscellaneous blankets. But no matter how many you had, you still felt eerily cold.

Satoru was beside you. His piercing blue eyes flickered out the window to assess every nook and cranny you passed, or at least whatever the street lights illuminated. You weren't really sure what he was looking for, but you could tell he was over exerting his six-eyes.

"Satoru..." you gently pulled his shirt down. This seemed to snap the boy out of his trance from whatever he was up to. Though as he turned around to meet your gaze his eyes softened as you came into view. Nothing could rob him from the joys of seeing how adorably sleep deprived you were.

You plucked his black circular sunglasses from the neck of his shirt, lazily opening them up with whatever little hand eye coordination you could muster. In a yawn, you pressed them up to the bridge of his nose. "Rest."

Here you were telling him to rest, when you're two steps from passing out yourself!

"I can rest when we're there." The white haired sorcerer countered. "Besides, one of us should keep our eyes open. You never know what type of people lurk around at this hour."

Even though a non-sleep deprived version of yourself would probably agree, you huffed out in protest. It seemed that wasn't a good enough answer for you. So you unbuckled your seatbelt before scooching up right next to him, plopping your head on his lap. "Then help me rest."

A soft chuckle left his lips. "Y/n, please. Just let me-"

"If it's not in me, it's on me?" You mumbled, vaguely distinguishable. "That's what you said way back when, right? Then why can't we have this?"

In a sigh of defeat, Satoru stroked his fingers through your hair. "I guess I did say that. You sure as hell are my only weakness. You know that, right?"

You awkwardly pressed your lips together before closing your eyes. Rolling on your side, you faced away from him. Though Satoru was finally closing his eyes, you couldn't shake the feeling that there was something weird going on. Ever since Toji Fushiguro, you've gotten that vibe more often. But even now there were things he wasn't telling you. A reason he wants to be on guard.

"Why didn't you want to talk about leaving Jujutsu Society now?" You asked with mild curiosity. You had a sneaking suspicion his non response was intentional earlier, so you wanted to see if he would respond now that you two are in a more intimate setting. "Was there someone watching us? Is that why you're keeping an eye out?"

Satoru was eerily silent.

"Satoru?"

Turning your head back to look at him, he was biting his lip. And catching you peeking at him didn't help. In an awkward jumble, he shot his eyes around the car before realizing he'd been caught red-handed.

"You keep surprising me, you know that right?" Satoru finally huffed, closing his eyes. Though he still seemed a bit jitterish, he was finally responding at the very least. "To pick that up as the reason I've been eating through my technique all night. If you were my student, I'd give you full marks!"

Looking down at you, he continued stroking his fingers through your hair. You were about to rule it all out as him trying to distract you from answering the question before he continued. "But you're my girlfriend. And you deserve the full truth."