207

This was unequivocally the worst-case scenario.

The spectator room was roaring in cheers for your performance as the Gojo Clan Head stood pale. Not only did you show off your improved combat, your creative use of time manipulation would've been enough to get more chatter on you. But paired with the reverse-curse healing technique? That was difficult for even experienced sorcerers to pull off, so the fact that you could use it as a mere first year was astonishing.

But the point of your involvement in the Kyoto Sister School was to look competent - not desirable.

"She can summon earthquakes?! That's awesome!" A voice exclaimed near the back of the room, jumping out of his seat. "That's gotta drain her, but damn that's impressive! She can even heal others with the Reverse-Curse technique. Not even Satoru Gojo can do that!"

"Her fighting isn't half bad either." Another voice emphasized, a little more calmly than the first. "She's got all the right steps. When she learns to refine her technique, she'll be unstoppable."

More commentary was had for the minor improvements you could make, but for the most part it was positive. Though females rarely get this type of support in Jujutsu Society, maybe it's because of your unique circumstance that your gender was overlooked in astonishment for your single birthright - your curse technique. Or maybe it was just because of the show you put on. Either way, even the Zen'ins weren't bashing you, which was the most surprising development of them all.

"Hm," Naobito grunted, lazily resting his head on his fist as his Sake stooped low in his hands. Scrunching up his nose, his mustache bounced as his eyes drifted from the screen. "That time manipulation girl. What's her name?" He asked roughly.

But the Gojo Clan Leader remained silent.

"She could be a good fit for Naoya," The Zen'in Head continued, this time shifting his focus to the clan leader beside him. "What do you say? 3? 4 million yen would do it?"

The Gojo felt his stare prick his skin. He knew Naobito was referring to the contract. For a disorganized disappointing shell of a man, Naobito was able to pick up on things quickly. He should have known throwing the paperwork through the Higher-Ups at that speed would draw suspicions.

"She's not for sale, Zen'in." There was a certain darkness to his voice that would make any lesser man nervous. But Naobito laughed it off, a little too loud for comfort.

"That's not up for you to decide," Naobito smirked, the laugh dissipating from his lips concerningly quick. "You think that joke of a contract's enough to keep her tied to the Gojo clan? What, no consequences for a breach? She's got no obligations - no rewards for being with you clowns. When I first saw that paperwork I thought she was just a nobody. But this might have been your biggest mistake yet, Gojo."

"Clearly you haven't seen the way they are together." Gojo snapped. "Though with your track record, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't recognize what love is at all."

"Love?" Naobito huffed out. "You're going senile. Love doesn't exist in Jujutsu Society. If a woman can't satisfy a man, she's nothing."

"Then you can rule her out," Gojo snapped. "She's not the type of girl you're looking for."

"It's not a matter of if she wants it," Naobito huffed. "She's got two legs. A mouth. Two hands. As long as that's true, she can give me a grandson and a cursed technique. That sure as hell satisfies me."

"You're disgusting." The Gojo growled.

"You're naive." The Zen'in simply responded.

•~•