208

The competition continued, but you were in no shape to participate after the beating you got from the special grade. Ijichi ended up taking your place to make the teams even again, but he didn't get too far. Neither did most of the students. Like last year, the finalists were Satoru Gojo and Suguru Geto - it was another overwhelming victory for Tokyo! It seemed that outcome wouldn't have changed whether you were there or not. Though you still managed to score a few extra points in the first game. Even if it was minor, you were glad you could help in some way.

Sitting in the nurse's office, your body was snuggled tightly under the sheets as the cool crisp autumn air blew its way in through the cracked window to greet you. It was evening, and everyone was getting prepped for the after party! Well, everyone but you. Even if you were in any shape to get up, the Gojo clan basically grounded you until they could think of a way for all of this to blow over.

On a positive note, you won over the rest of the clan pretty quickly! But on a less favorable note, you won over all the other clans too. You were being treated as more of an object than a real person, something the Gojo Head seemed apologetic for. But this was your own fault... and a consequence you shouldn't be pushing on other people.

Sluggishly hiding your head under the covers, you let off a distressed grunt. Though it was nice that Satoru didn't seem angry about it, the political mess was going to be a nightmare.

You got lost swimming in your thoughts before you were softly interrupted.

"Want anything to drink?" Riko asked, opening a dusted brown cabinet door to pull out two mugs. It seemed the question was more out of courtesy than anything else as she started boiling water anyways.

"Thanks..." you muttered back, poking your head out to see the girl at work. You forgot Riko was here. It helped having someone around so you weren't as lonely, but you knew she was missing out on the after party because of you.

As you wandered in your own guilt, she plopped a bag of unrecognizable tea in the cup. Pouring the hot water in, the tea began to steep a rich, thick green.

And god did it smell amazing.

She carefully brought it over to you, before you rushed the cup to your lips to take a sip. It was delicate on your tongue, a silky smooth consistency lining your mouth with a fusion of matcha and jasmine. "This is delicious... thank you so much!"

"I'm glad you enjoy it," Riko blushed, awkwardly holding her hands behind her back. By this time, you were already halfway done. "It's a blend Misato, my guardian, made me a lot when I was younger."

"It's really good," you continued, finally finishing off the cup. "You have to show me how to make it sometime. Please?"

Her eyes lit up. "Of course! It's a blend meant to be shared, after all!"

As you placed the cup down, Riko was about to take it away before you moved it. "You don't have to, I can wash it myself. It'll be good to get up and stretch my legs once in a while."

"But you're still injured," Riko frowned. "It's no wonder you keep winding up here if you don't take your health seriously!"

You akwardly chuckled. She's only known you for a few days now, and she already picked up on your hospital habits?

Admitting defeat, you moved the cup back. She was right, your legs were still sore from all of that bouncing around the special grade. Even if you tried to get up, you weren't confident you'd be able to support your own body weight right now. "I'm so-"

"WOMAN!"

A voice roared from down the hall. You didn't know there was someone else around, so it came at a shock. But as the voice sunk in, your bones started to rattle. That sounded awfully similar to...