An Inkling of Something There

Jackie shrieks as she continues to slide down and would occasionally move so she wouldn't slam into a stalagmite.

However, as time went on, she began to smell something strange, something...sulfuric?

Narrowing her eyes, her glowing reptilian eyes seem to zoom in like an eagle.

And was from this that she was able to see that her tunnel led right to a pit filled with a toxic green, bubbling liquid.

"Shit!" Jackie hissed as she summons a sword and slams it into the ground behind her. Which made her descent start to gradually decline.

Sparks began to fly from the sword as it continued to scrape against the rock.

Moreover, the fast beating of Jackie's heart was the only thing she could hear as she drew closer.

But thankfully, she finally stopped at the last second, leaving her feet over the edge.

Sighing in relief, Jackie groaned as she got up. "Thank the gods—"

Crack...crunch...crackle!

Jackie stopped moving and looked down in horror as the ledge began to crack from the added weight.

Gasping, Jackie tried to move but the ledge finally gave away but thankfully, someone had come to her rescue and grabbed her wrist.

Yelping in surprise, Jackie looks down below and watched as the debris splashes into the pit.

There was a hissing sound as the rock started to disintegrate right before her eyes.

Her heart beating loudly in her ears, Jackie lets out a breath of relief.

She then looked up to see who her savior was, and she was shocked to see that it was Chase.

Pulling her up, Chase then wraps his arms around her.

Too overwhelmed to care, Jackie just sat there and melted into the hug and buried her face into his neck.

And they stayed like this for an entire minute as Jackie began to unwind and catch her bearings.

Once she was calmed down, she pulls away and looked at Chase with suspicion. "What are you doing here, Young?"

Chase raises an eyebrow, "You know, most people thank others for saving their hides."

Looking away from him, Jackie grumbled, "Thank you." Smirking, Chase acted like he didn't hear her. "What was that? I didn't hear you."

Narrowing her eyes, Jackie growled angrily but soon deflated and sighed in annoyed defeat. "Thank you for saving my life."

Still smirking, Chase wanted to tease her some more, but he knew that he'd be pushing it.

So, he just nods his head in satisfaction before saying, "Also to answer your question, I am not here for the Wu."

Even more suspicious, Jackie narrowed her eyes. "Then why are you here?"

With a shrug of his shoulders, Chase said rather nonchalantly, "Hinata kicked me out."

Shocked, Jackie stared at him as she began to imagine on how a scenario like that would pan out.

Which consisted of Hinata holding Chase by the back of his neck with her hand hooked on his belt.

And after carrying him towards the door, she yelled at him to get out as she throws him out and slammed the door shut.

She chuckled, very amused by both the scenario and the obvious bond that they share.