The Price of a Trade

Kimiko yawned as she walked through the halls of the temple early in the morning.

Usually she would be asleep but since she woke up and cannot seem to go back to sleep, she decided to get something to drink.

And when she got to the kitchen, she was surprised to see Jackie already there drinking some coffee.

"Jackie? What are you doing up this early?" Kimiko asked in confusion.

But then a few seconds later she frowns, "Were you doing another all-nighter again?" she asked.

"No...I've just...I've been thinking about something." Jackie answered.

"Oh yeah what?" Kimiko asked as she goes into the fridge and takes out a pitcher that was filled with cranberry juice and poured herself a cup.

Jackie sighed, "I think someone has been watching me." she answered truthfully.

And that statement alone was enough to make Kimiko do a spit take. "What?! since when?!" she questioned becoming scared at the notion that her friend is being stalked.

"It was after we got the Mind Reader Conch, when I had found it, I thought I heard another voice that didn't belong to any of us. And then there's the issue with the Sapphire Dragon."

"What about it?"

"I've been having dreams about what happened but for the most part my memory was muddled to the point that a memory spell to recall that disaster wasn't working. But when Angelynn went into my mind, I think that whatever she did in there jogged my memory, and I've gradually been remembering bits and pieces for a month now."

"And now I remember that whatever fought off the Sapphire Dragon had golden eyes."

"Jackie...why didn't you say anything?" Kimiko questioned.

Jackie sighed as she thinks about all the thoughts that have been going through her head, "Because it didn't make sense, especially since it was very apparent that whoever fought off the Sapphire Dragon was trying to protect me for some reason...or at least wanted it to appear like they were protecting me."

"You don't know if the person is really a friend or someone that took advantage of the situation to seem like a friend." Kimiko assumed.

Jackie nods her head.

"I think we should tell Master Fung about this. If someone is spying on you, he has to know." Kimiko stated.

"No. I want to figure this out on my own." Jackie stated.

Kimiko frowns with uncertainty, "Are you sure?"

"I'm sure." Jackie reassured as she took a small sip of her coffee before she spoke again. "Until I know for a fact that my stalker is either a friend or a foe, I don't want to alarm the others."

The Dragon of Fire sighs at that knowing that her gothic friend's mind is made up.

"Alright. But I hope you know what you're doing." And with that Kimiko drank the rest of her juice and went off to get some shuteye before it was time for them to wake up.

And soon Jackie did the same thing.

And when it was time to wake up by the time the monks had finished breakfast, Dojo had sensed a new Shen Gong Wu.

And right now, the monks are walking through a tropical forest looking for said Shen Gong Wu.

But unfortunately, Dojo was having some trouble pinpointing the exact location not to mention he was trailing behind the others because of being exhausted from all the flying and walking he had to do today.