The dreaded Date

Jacquelynn sighs as she takes a sip of her pumpkin and cinnamon spice latte from her black coffee cup.

Thankfully her parents let her choose the place to where her little outing with Claude would take place.

So, she chose her favorite Halloween themed café called the Witch's brew.

She looks at Claude and tried not to smirk.

The boy was uneasy in a place so...dark themed.

He's a blue eyed, blonde boy with a mole on the right side of his chin. He's wearing a white dress shirt with a dark navy-blue vest, black slacks, a silver watch on his right wrist, and black dress shoes.

And as expected, his entire ensemble is worth about thousands of dollars.

Or to put it more simply, he sticks out a sore thumb to the point it can be seen in space.

"Something wrong?" she asked as she takes another sip.

Claude forced a charming smile on his face "Nothing...this is the kind of place you're interested in? it's so you." He replied.

"I'm a goth and as you noticed there are more goths here than normal people." She said gesturing to the other guest.

Who were also Goth and some of them were glancing at Claude in confusion on why someone dressed like him is doing here.

And their stares made him even more uncomfortable "I Think I needed to use the bathroom." He said.

"It's right behind you. The werewolf is for the boys and the banshee is for the girls." She said as he walks away.

"Howdy Jackie?" a western female voice said as a dark brunette haired waitress walks over.

Jackie smiled "Oh, hey Raine. How's your family been doing?"

Raine is a tall slender girl with sun kissed skin, dark brown hair, vibrant green eyes, and freckles dusted on her nose.

She's wearing a white long sleeve blouse with a dark gray vest, dark gray pencil skirt, see-thru black stockings, and black high heels.

"Good. I'll tell them you said hi."

"Need I ask how your parents actually forced you into going on a date with someone like Ryker?" she asked.

"Me and Kimiko needed passes into the emperor's palace for us and our friends, and since this is our parents we're talking about, we knew they could get them...But because of the fact on how important it was to get in there, not only did we have to dress oriental, but I had to agree to go on a date with Claude since he was in town."

"Just how important was it?"

"World ending important." The goth monk groaned as she takes another sip of her latte.

The brunette looks at her friend with pity "You, poor girl. They really threw you under the bus. I'll get you another latte." She said and leaves.

Jacquelynn smiles happily "You're an angel sent from the heavens!"

"I know."

3 minutes later Claude comes out looking all confident.

"So, Jacquelynn. I heard you're a monk at a temple now with Kimiko." he said pretending to be interested in what she's been up to.

"Yep."

"It must be weird staying with bald men in ugly robes. I hope they don't cut your hair off."

The goth scoffs at the very idea of letting someone cut her hair. She doesn't even let a professional hairstylist mess with it.

"Here's your latte Jackie." Raine said setting it down and walks away.