Dashi's Test

Starting from the beginning Omi told the Grandmaster everything.

"And so, using Angelynn Spicer's time machine. I travel to this era." Omi said finishing his tale.

"Let's spell it together. N-U-T-J-O-B" Dojo proclaimed and slithers off Dashi's shoulders.

"So, my puzzle box only worked for 1,500 years, huh?" Dashi questioned.

Omi bows his head "Yes, Grandmaster."

"Ok, Omi. I believe your story." Dashi proclaimed.

Thinking he said something else Dojo gets in Omi's face. "Yeah. So why don't you hop back in your little magic pixie time machine and—" then it caught up to him what Dashi said.

"What? You believe him?" he said shocked and slithers away from the young monk.

"I do. The kid's got an honest face." Dashi said and leans against a stone lion statue.

"Here's the deal, Omi. I'll build you another puzzle box."

Omi smiled happily, "Oh, thank you, Grandmaster."

"Hold on. First you're gonna have to prove you're worthy." Dashi proclaimed.

The young monk looks at him confused, "And how shall I prove myself?" he asked.

"I don't know maybe beat me in a contest?"

"You mean a Xiaolin Showdown?" he asked.

Dashi smiles kind of liking that name. "Uh, yeah that's a good name for it."

"Dojo, get me the Sands of Time." Dashi ordered.

Dojo grumbled but followed orders and came back a minute later.

Dashi bends down and picks up a pebble. "Look, if you can take this pebble from my hand before the sands run out of this hourglass, then one enchanted puzzle box is yours." Dashi explained.

"But which Shen Gong Wu shall be wagered? Usually I'd wager one of my Shen Gong Wu against one of your Shen Gong Wu-"

"Omi!" Dashi said cutting him of. "I'm Grandmaster Dashi. I make the rules." He added.

"Uh, agreed. Let's go! Xiaolin Showdown!"

The dirt started to pick up as all the houses become a labyrinth.

Dashi looks around impressed "Nice effect."

"Indeed. Gong Yi Tanpai!"

"What does that mean?" Dojo asked looking at Dashi, who was also confused.

"Basically, it means ready set, go-" before he could finish his sentence Dashi runs past him.

"Hey, come back!"

"Get in the game, kid!" Dashi proclaimed.

Running after the Grandmaster, Omi went up and down multiple steps and lost track of the monk.

Stopping he looks around and watches as Dashi literally runs circles around him.

"Hey!" he said and then looks at the hourglass and saw that he didn't have that much time.

Moving quickly, he tried to follow him, but he ended up falling down some stairs.

"Keep up kid." Dashi proclaimed.

Getting up Omi managed to keep up with Dashi just enough to be behind him, but he couldn't catch the pebble.

Stopping to take a breather, Omi looks at the hourglass one more time before taking out his Shen Gong Wu.