𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙨

Found on Tumblr, Created by creepling (gn! story)

summary: the reader has been having a stressful week and alex has the perfect remedy to make them loosen up. and of course, how could the reader deny spending time with their smoking buddy? (inspired by this of paul rudd and jason segel high during an interview.)

tw: use of drugs (cannabis), intoxication, cursing.

Thank God, it was finally the weekend. I finished all my duties for Friday and I could finally anticipate personal time to myself. I expected to just drive home and become vegitated from exhaustion and stress up until the next week, until I received a text.

Alex: I got some stuff today, smoke buddy. Wanna come over and hang out?

A smile immediately came to my face. I texted back in approvement and prepered myself for arrival; quickly heading back home to change into fresh clothes and fix myself up. I brought my rolling kit in case Alex was on short supply and made my way to my best friend's house.

"Hola Amigo!" Alex swung the door open the minute I rang the doorbell; his voice exaggerated and welcoming. I engulfed him in my usual hug as my way of entering his apartment. Routinely, I dropped my backpack into the living room and idly chucked my jacket over the couch. I could already inspect the event that was coming; Alex had a ton of shit. Normally Alex counted on me to roll the perfect joint, but when I became too high to do so, he always had emergency cone joints and even a fuck-off bong for special occasions.

"So are we cranking up the hot water and smoking in the bathroom or in here?" I asked for reasurrence, gesturing around the living room.

"Nah, it's just me and you today. Even the neighbours are out of town." Alex said, taking a B-turn to his usual spot of the couch. "Have you rolled anything yet?"

"Sorry, didn't have time. Pretty hectic day." I apologised, sinking next to him on the couch and running a hand stressfully through my hair. "I'll quickly do one now. Want your own?"

"Hey, don't worry about it. You're a busy-bee." Alex said understandingly. "Oh and- Yes please."

I soon got to work, taking my papers and grinder out of my pocket. Alex insisted in dealing with the grinder, putting the buds into the container and got to twisting. At this point, we were a couple of stoners. We never expected to be smoking buddies until I realised that out of all my mutual friends, Alex was the only person that had the same tolerance as me. I could never vibe with anxious high people, since they made me anxious myself. I had fun when I smoked; I giggled profusely and the most aburd theories would pour out of my mouth. Sure, I also got the munchies, but not as bad as Alex. One time Alex ate six packets of hot-flaming cheetos to the point his mouth was on fire. He was so high and flustered from the spice he throught he was breathing out fire. However, that experience does not beat the time I thought his cat was floating in mid air. In conclusion, me and Alex had the funniest experiences when under the influence.

After a few intricate minutes of rolling, I succeedingly rolled two joints. Alex liked his thick at the beginning but thin at the end, and I preferred a medium gurth all throughout. Alex admired my creation, muttering a 'wow' and praised my efforts, then took a lighter out of his pocket.

We said our cheers and began to blaze up. Leaning my head back on the couch, I stared at the ceiling as I took slow draws, engulfing the smoke deep into my lungs before deeply exhaling. Alex at this point began to play a playlist (that we specifically created for being stoned) and took his first inhale. He always coughed at the first inhale before slowly easing into his usual rhythm. When my joint was halfway, I began to feel my body outlining with a buzzing sensation. My teeth felt isolated from my gums and the ends of my limbs felt invisible. Our combined exhaled smoke began to intermingle, everytime I took a breath it entered back into my lungs. The sound of Alex's chuckles flowed into my fuzzy ears and as if almost contagious, I became to chuckle as well.

"That's some strong stuff." I commented, my eyes beaming at the ceiling before my eyelids began to grow heavy. Alex hummed in agreement, taking the last straw of his joint before smothering the brown-stained tip into his ashtray. The ashtray was one of those clay creations that had the eyes and mouth on them. I gave him it as a gift for his birthday.

An hour went by and at this point, Alex and I powered through another joint. We mobilised ourselves onto the floor as we lay on large pillows and blankets; a nook that Alex made up before my arrival. We laughed at the most mundane shit and lay on our backs, our heads closely together as we stared at the ceiling.

"Have you ever had a best friend?" Alex asked in a stoned haze.

"I mean . . . you're kinda my best friend." I admitted, a sentence that would probably not leave my mouth if I was sober due to hesitation.

"Really? That is so sweet." Alex said, his tone of voice so idle it was borderline adorable.

"Am I your best friend?" I asked, my eyes glancing over to him anticipating a response.

"You know this, (Y/N). I have had the same best friend since I was twelve years old . . . and he is imaginary."

"Oh my fucking God . . . Not Pablo." I cringed, squeezing my bloodshot eyes closed. The amount of times Alex has talked about his childhood imaginary friend while high is annoyingly been multiple times. At this point, I don't know if he was joking or being serious. Or just completely and utterly stoned.

"He's fucking amazing, (Y/N)! I'm not fucking kidding!" Alex exclaimed, looking at me in shock but also trying to hold back a laugh.

"Oh yeah sorry . . . I didn't mean to offend Pablo." I said sarcastically, "Pablo who visits you in your dreams!"

Alex howled at my words and laughed from his chest, clenching his ribs from the pain. A laugh also escaped my throat harshly and I coughed from the suddenness, slamming my hand into a pillow as I was paralyzed from the hilariousity.

"Oh my God . . . I'm literally sweating" Alex mustered out in between wheezes. He was bent double on the floor, still clenching at his ribs. The sight of him made me chuckle even when my laughter became to calm down.

"Then take off your hat, silly!" I said, noticing the beams of sweat that formed on his temple.

"You jerk! I can't take off my hat." Alex exclaimed, his fingers clenching onto the hem of his beanie as if he thought I was going to yank it off him. "It's a mental compulsion!"

"A mental compulsion?" I emphasised in confusion, his random reasoning retracting me back into a fit of laughter. "Why's that? Will Pablo come and kill us all if you take it off? Is that why you have been wearing one for all these years?"

Alex at this point laughed so hard at my joke, I was convinced he stopped breathing. When his body allowed him to exhale, he let out the loudest cackle I have ever heard come out his mouth. It even beats the ones he makes on streams. His sudden burst of laughter made we want to make him laugh even more.

"Don't take off the magic hat, Alex! Otherwise Pablo will come visit you!" I mocked a spooky voice as I sat up from the floor and began to tickle Alex into submission. Alex squirmed, his red eyes now pouring with positive tears. His belly laughs continued as I physically taunted him in a joking manner.

"I'm sorry Pablo, I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me!" Alex jokingly pleaded, his voice becoming so high-pitched that his vocal chords let out a squeak. I flopped back onto the pillows in laughter as we were squirming like idiots for several minutes. Once our jester behaviour came to a close, our laughters died out and we lay exhausted on the floor. The music from the speakers now dominated the sound in the room. Alex breathed heavily next to me trying to catch his breath. It was moments like this were I felt the least anxious, were I could just let go and not worry about the world. It felt absolutely bliss.