𝙟𝙪𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙩

written by kitybur on tumblr

⌦ in which you're a single mom, trying to take care of her daughter all on your own. at least you were until someone with the name of alex popped into your life.

— warnings: swearing, slow burn, mom!reader, she/her, use of quackity's real name

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

it was a normal day for quackity. well, as normal as it could be. wake up, eat, stream, finish school work, and then do anything he needed to do that day. today was grocery shopping day. quackity tented to dislike this day, he rather be staying in and finishing his work. be he desperately need to buy food.

which is how he found himself in the condiments isle of the store, looking for the ketchup and mustard. he was minding his own business when a hand had held onto his. at first, he thought it might've been a fan, but the hand felt so small in his own. quackity looked down to see a child. a girl, who looked not much older then three with y/h/c hair in two pigtails on the back of her head and cow print pj's on.

quackity shook his head back and forth down the isle for anyone, his eyes landing on a woman around his age at the end of it. he looked down at the child before looking at the woman again. without a second thought, he made his way towards the woman with the child still in his hand.

"excuse me?" quackity spoke softly, tapping her shoulder. the woman looked up from the salt and pepper shelf to the man. "is she yours?" he slightly held up his hand that the child was still holding onto.

"oh my god!" the woman exclaimed, reaching down to pick up the child. her hands fitted underneath the kids armpits and hoisted her up, the kid immediately wrapping her arms around the woman's neck. "i'm so, so sorry. i looked away for just a second."

quackity smiled. "it's alright. she just came over and held my hand." he chuckled and smiled a little wider when the woman laughed along with him.

"she tends to wonder around. if you weren't in the same isle i think she would've travelled the whole store." quackity couldn't tell if the was talking truth or being sarcastic, but nonetheless laughed with her once again.

as the woman adjusted the child in her arms, he debated weather to keep having a conversation or to continue his shopping and head home. he decided to go with his first option with a bit of hesitation. "what's her name? if you don't mind me asking."

"juliet. it means youthful, and it's also the name from my mothers favourite play." she smiled at him and kissed juliet's cheek. "i call her juli most times tho."

"that's a very sweet name." quackity nodded with his words, tilting his head at juliet when she lifted her head off her mom's chest to look at him with big y/e/c eyes. "and what's her mom's name?"

he watched as the woman smiled brightly at him and stuck out a hand, careful not to let her child fall. "i'm y/n. you are?"

quackity shook her hand. "alex." the adults didn't say anything after that and stared at each other for a moment. the comfortable silence was broken when juliet started to cry, her wails loud. y/n shushed her baby calmly and looked to quackity.

"i'm sorry, she's probably hungry. i should finish up here." quackity couldn't help the ting of disappointed he felt when she said that, he was very much enjoying their conversation. with a quick thought, he called out to y/n as she started to walk away.

"hey, uh. it was nice to meet you." he stammered.

y/n turned around and nodded in agreement, walking a little bit to be near quackity.