𝙘𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙝 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙪𝙧𝙣

written by wippur-snapper on tumblr

You smiled to yourself as you watched cars go by outside your window. Each light that went by reminded you that Alex would be pulling up any minute now. You were happy that he had planned this date. The last few dates he had abandoned you, saying that he had completely forgotten and that his stream had gone longer than he thought it had. You were extremely upset, so this was his redemption.

You grinned as a car much like Alex's drove by. As it flew past the driveway, you sighed dreamily. You really loved him. He was one of your best friends. You could not imagine a world where you had never met him. He was your lover. A ding from your phone interrupted your train of thoughts. Thinking it was your boyfriend, you rushed over and glanced at the screen. Your grin fell.

It was from your boyfriend.

Quackity is streaming: Rust!

A tear slid down your face and you angrily dabbed it away. You couldn't believe him! A scoff came from you," And I thought he would change for me. Becoming better for me." You muttered." Nope, of course not." A thought rang in your mind; what if you went to Alex's house and interrupted his stream? You would never embarrass him in front of his viewers, but as soon as he sees you, he should understand what he did.

You quickly grabbed your keys and a jacket before rushing out to your car. His house was not very far, only around twenty minutes away, so you began to drive. It probably wasn't your smartest idea because tears clouded your vision slightly. Thank God no one was driving on the road that night.

*Quackity's POV*

A laugh escaped his lips as he read his chat." Chat, chat! Calm down, Chat! You guys are insane right now!" He saw so many jokes and teasing comments that made him laugh. Each donation left him saying many 'thank you's." Guys, look! It's a rock." The rock in question was shaped very oddly, making him cry with his laughter. The chat blew up, making jokes about the rock and Alex's own appearance.

"Did someone just say I looked like the rock?! That's rude, chat. That's very rude, chat." He said, pausing when he heard his phone ring. He glanced at it and grinned," Hey, chat, Y/N is calling! Should we answer it?" He glanced at the chat." Chat- Chat, should we answer- You want me to answer it? Okay! Let's answer Y/N's call."

"Heyyy Mami." Alex said, his voice coming out flirty, turning it on speaker.

"Hello?!" Alex froze, that was not his partner.

He blinked at the screens in front of him," Uh, you're not my partner. Who are you? Where's Y/N?"

"Their name is Y/N? Oh! They were in a car accident! Their car banged into a tree after sliding on the road. This phone fell out of their pocket, so I called their emergency contact!" The person on the other side screamed." They're losing a lot of blood! They need an ambulance! I called one on my phone."

Alex grew numb, he quickly turned off his stream. Everyone understood of course, they had heard the call loud and clear." Where are they? How far is the ambulance?"

The person went to explain, but the sirens in the back answered his question." We're at (Address)! The ambulance is here, I'm sure they'll take them to the (Hospital name). I can meet you there to return their phone?"

Without responding, Alex hung up. He threw on his coat and drove like a mad-man to the hospital. Rushing inside, he went up to the receptionist." Y/N Y/L/N? They were just in a car accident?"

The nurse typed something in," They are in surgery right now. I can call you when you can visit them."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" He cried. Though in a fit of anticipation, he took a seat. He fiddled with the chair he sat in, his fingers, his hat, anything he could to get his mind off of it. His phone went off many times, but he only looked once. Loads of texts, calls, tweets, and overall worried messages filled his notifications. He didn't have the heart to go through them, only answering a call that came through as he was holding his phone.

"Hey, Alex, are you okay? I've been trying to reach you. How are they?" The familiar voice of his friend made him tear up. He concentrated on not sobbing in the middle of all of these people.

"Karl, they're in surgery." He whispered pathetically. His voice showed he was clearly distraught and fearful. On the other end, Karl breathed in deeply.

"Oh gosh. Will they be okay?"

Alex choked on his cry," I don't know, man. I don't know." His voice was weary and he sounded close to tears. He was close to tears; in fact, he could feel the wetness sliding down his cheeks." I don't know how long they'll be in there. Man, I-I can't live without them. Karl, I just can't." His voice was clearly full of pain as he quietly suffered.

Karl's heart broke for his friend." Oh, Alex, I'm sure th-they'll be fine." He whispered, knowing that his words won't help at all. He couldn't imagine the pain his friend must be going through. Alex and Y/N have been in love for years. They've known each other for their entire lives. They were best friends and soulmates.

A notification came through Alex's phone and he looked at it quickly. It was a text from Y/N's sibling.

(Sibling Name) Wtf is wrong with you. My sibling is in the hospital hanging on for life BECAUSE OF YOU

Alex What?

(Sibling Name) Oh, you still didn't realize. You had a date planned today to make up for the other thousand dates you didnt go to. They were on their way to confront you when they crashed.

Alex didn't respond after that. A sob escaped his lips." Alex? What happened?" Karl asked, noticing that the sob came through." Did you get news about Y/N?"

"Y-Yeah. I'm the reason they're in there. They were on th-their way to confront me from missing our date." He muttered. Karl stayed quiet. He knew it wasn't his fault, but he also knew he couldn't convince Alex of this.

"Alex, it-it's not your fault. Not at all. You just forgot." Karl tried to reason." I'm sure they would understand if they were-" He stopped, realizing what he was about to say.

Alex blinked back tears," Wh-What did you just say?" He demanded." You think they're not going to make it, don't you?"

"I didn't say that."

"You were going to." Alex released a sob. People looked over at him with sympathy and pity." They are going to live. They have to." Alex didn't hesitate as he hung up on his friend. He was overthinking what Karl was saying, but at the moment he couldn't focus and make sense of his thoughts. He was overwhelmed with emotions.

"Y/N Y/L/N?" A voice called out. Alex's head shot up. He met the eyes of a doctor standing towards the front of the waiting room. He walked over." Are you here for Mx Y/L/N?"

Alex nodded, his eyes bloodshot." Yes, I-I'm their boyfriend."

The doctor had a pitying look in his eye as he looked at the boy in pain." I'm sorry, sir, they didn't make it."