𝙗𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚𝙨🍾

written by bad268 on tumblr

On your first day in college, you ran into someone. The campus was huge, and you did not account for getting lost. And you certainly did not plan on running into someone. Looking up, you make eye contact with a guy sitting on the ground across from you who was wearing a black hoodie and red beanie. You anxiously began collecting your bag that fell off your shoulder and the few papers that flew out of it, "I'm so sorry! This campus is bigger than I expected, and I'm lost."

"Hey, it's not a problem. I'm Alex by the way," he responded, helping you grab the papers, one of which being your schedule. "Oh, you're heading to Justice Studies and Law with Weins?"

"I'm Y/n, and yeah, I'm studying law," you responded, looking over to the sheet he was looking at. "I don't even know where that building is!" "I do! It's actually that way," he pointed behind you as he stood up, holding a hand out for you. You took it and stood up, brushing dirt off of your pants. "I can go with you. I have that class too."

"No way! That would be amazing. Thank you," You expressed while turning to head toward the classroom.

"It's not a problem, but we gotta hurry," Alex rushed, "Class starts in 2 minutes."

~~

On your first group assignment, you were paired with Alex. You needed to do a presentation on a policy that could be implemented to reduce recidivism (the tendency of a criminal to reoffend). We needed to put together a research paper, outlining our methods, and we needed to make a slideshow to present to our professor. Today, we were meeting up at the library to start the project.

I was sitting at one of the tables with a couple of books on recidivism rates and possible methods to combat it. It was nearly 4 PM, and we agreed to meet at 3, yet Alex had not shown up yet. I decided I would just call him to see what was going on.

On Alex's side, he completely forgot about the project. He was streaming Roblox with a couple of his friends when his phone started ringing. He laughed it off, telling chat it was probably his mom, before looking down to see your name on the screen. Chat immediately noticed how wide his eyes became and started spamming questioning remarks in the chat. Alex quickly answered the phone and muted his stream, "Hey, Y/n/n. What's up?"

"Our project?" You responded. "The one that we agreed to meet at the library for?"

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry! I thought that was tomorrow!" He freaked out, moving to start ending the stream without addressing the chat. He sent a message to the group chat saying he had to leave urgently. He started shutting his monitors off, ran around his room, grabbing his school supplies, and ran out the front door to get to the library quickly. "I'm an asshole, I'm sorry!"

"No, don't worry about it, Alex," you reassured. "I got to get some good research in, and I think I have a few good ideas for our paper."

"I still feel shitty that I made you wait," Alex said, walking through the courtyard toward the library. "What can I do to make it up to you?"

"How about this," you proposed, "You do the whole slideshow, and we work together on writing the paper?"

"Deal, but I still feel bad," He admitted. He paused for a second as he walked into the library before spotting you at the table and hanging up the phone. He approached the table, and set his bag down before he got an idea, "how about I also take you to dinner tonight?"

"Like as a date?" You asked.

"Yeah, as a date," Alex responded, but stopped for a second before adding, "Unless you're uncomfortable with that, then it can just be as friends, or as partners, but not like relationship partners, but work partners-"