𝙖 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧-𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡 ☎️

written by julibeeline on tumblr

"the next few days were a blur. this whole 'y/nnap' thing was a dagger in the heart."

TRACK: Show Me How - Men I Trust

"hey y/n, shut the fuck up — nobody asked." his voice rang through your headphones. you felt the heat rush up your cheeks in embarrassment as karl and george started laughing.

normally, you would've found this funny. normally, you would've laughed along and thought of a witty remark to get him back. but today was not one of those days. today, his nasty words were just another add on to your shitty night, and you couldnt bring yourself to go along with the joke.

everytime you said something, quackity would spit out a casual "shut the fuck up" in response. so halfway through the stream you just gave up on speaking, and if someone asked you a question, your minecraft character would nod or shake its head.

"fuck off quackity, i asked. what were you saying y/n?" sapnap interuppted. you smiled for the first time that stream, and you couldnt help the warm feeling of appreciation. "sapnap, i am in love with you." you joke, crouching your character in front of his.

he let out a small giggle, crouching back. "if anyone here is mean to y/n from now on, im going to kill you — and im talking to you quackity." he plays along, the vc breaking into all sorts of noises. george lets out a loud wheeze, "woah sapnap no need to get all posessive" "Y/NNAP?" karl shouts. "yep. shes mine." sapnap replies.

"okay jeez mr boyfriend, ill back off" quackity says in surrender. he knew it was all jokes, but the felt the wave of jealousy flooding through his veins made him question if it wasnt. it was pathetic to feel this way, especially over something he knew damn well was his fault. the remainder of the stream was such a mess. sapnap was giving you flowers and building you a house, and he could only watch with a salty, bitterness in his stomach.

after the stream, 'Y/NNAP' was trending on twitter. alex scrolled through the tag with his jaw clenched, making sure to scroll past the ones with hearts. if he'd known his one comment would've caused this whole mess, he would take it back in a heartbeat.

let me tell you something if you havent figured it out already. alex was infacutated with you. obsessed, even. the cruel jokes had no hurtful intention, he simply just wanted your attention. it would give him a sense of satisfaction when you would notice him for even a split second, and once he started, he couldnt stop. the shitty words came out left and right, any direction whenever he craved your attention.

you loved alex before you even met him. he was such a loveable person, someone you looked up to. and you did love him when you met him, you did at first, but something went wrong. you didnt know when or how, but something definitely went wrong.

with a snap of a finger, he started to hate you. of course you knew it was all a joke, but it seemed as if he got too carried away. at first he would send you apologetic texts after every stream, something along the lines of "hey, im sorry for being so harsh tonight, i didnt mean any of it." but one day he just, stopped.

"thank you for the flowers, sap." your voice rang through the vc. alex's smile faultered for a split second before coming back up. he saw your character running up to him from a distance, with his heartbeat increasing by every step you took. "hey asshole. not telling me to shut up today?" you giggled, hitting him to say hi. "your boyfriend doesnt allow it now, does he?" he tested the waters. "i guess so."

oh how he hated your reply. for the first time in his life, he hated that you agreed with him.

the next few days were a blur. this whole 'y/nnap' thing was a dagger in the heart. he felt intimidated, like he had to compete for someone that he didnt even have a chance with. surely you hated him by now, right?

quackity's silence confused you. he didnt join your streams, didnt invite you to his — even if it meant he could roast the shit out of you. and there was one thing you didnt want to admit. you missed him. maybe it was the feeling in your gut that was bashing you for replacing him so easily, or maybe it was the feeling of this unexpected love and affection from someone else. but you did miss him.

it felt as if this rivalry dynamic between you and quackity had just been crushed by a newfound dynamic, one that was far different from this one. you didnt know which you liked better, you didnt know who you liked better.

"whats going on with you and y/n? like are you guys good?" karl asks through the call. alex brings his phone better up to his ear, laying down on his bed. he looked up at the ceiling in a panic. "w-what do you mean?" he answers. "like youre always mean to her on stream like you hate her, and now you just dont talk to her anym-"

"im in love with y/n." he blurts out. "okay- i know that seems really weird right now but-"

"what?" karl asks.

"what?" an unfamiliar voice. sapnap. sapnap was in the call.

"sapnap? what are you doing here? i thought it was just me and karl in the call-"

"youre in love with y/n?" he interrupts.

"well yeah. are you?" alex asks. he holds his breath in tightly awaiting his reply.

"no, she's my friend."

"someone's in love with me?"

your voice made alex's heart jump out of his chest. it was en electrifying feeling. the drag of his fingertips against his forehead felt too fake, this whole situation felt too fake. he wanted to wake up from this hell of a nightmare.

"y/n? y-you heard all of that?" he asked.

"no, just the last part. who's in love with me? i swear if its sapnap joking around im gonna kill him-"

"alex is." karls said. damn you, karl.

here it is again, the awkward silence. it felt like all oxygen had been sucked out your chest, leaving you behind hopeless. your mind became blank as you thought of something to say, something that wouldnt leave him hanging like this very moment.

"alex?" you ask.

"i am. im in love with you y/n."

"i guess i can get used to your love."

epilogue.

sapnap left the call the second he heard what you said. maybe he was all wrong.

maybe the master plan of swooping in to save you at just the perfect moment wasn't enough, maybe dream was wrong.

"okay- the next time quackity says something you have to butt in and help her."

"she's playing along, great! she'll love you in no time. trust me."

"keep flirting with her. flirt until she flirts back."

his words were loud and clear. effective too, but maybe not in the long run.