𝙞 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙞 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙪

written by n3tworksucks on tumblr!!

you and alex. alex and you. that how its always been for the past few years. the chaotic duo all your friends in school knew, the sweet and loving friendship yours and his parents knew, the bond you and him knew would last a lifetime. you always had a strong feeling in your chest when you were around him, pushing it off thinking it was just the excitement of getting to spend another day together,or opening his texts or answering his calls a little too quickly(which you nor him minded anyways).and maybe Alex felt the same as well, only really wanting to go to school because you were there, or making room on his schedule to go downtown with you and do stupid shit. yeah, maybe that is just what best friends do for each other, but something with yours and his feelings always felt extra, like something was trying with everything in its power to get you closer,but you would again push it off because how in the world would you guys get any closer than you already were, already knowing each others worst fears, most embarrassing moments or darkest secrets. well except one,

which is "I think I might love you". and of course you would never tell him that. it was just a silly little thought that no meaning whatsoever..which is what you would try to tell yourself whenever you would think of it, and you never really did think of it a lot. only whenever you had meaningful conversations and 3am, and whenever he would say something that would make you laugh, and whenever you were with him... and whenever you thought of him... ok so I guess all the time but come on, hes such a lovable person. always trying his best at comforting you when you're sad or helping you study, and that only made you love him more unfortunately. I guess you can say you were kind of mad at yourself when you would wish you and him were more than friends, not wanting things to be awkward if he doesn't feel the same and somehow having years of friendship down the drain. so you keep to yourself. and you were doing a great job of doing that until the feeling of this love for your best friend would just get so strong it would make you sad. you were sad because you wish you could go out to actual dates and going to school dances without going "ohh you should date him" or "you should date her" as a joke. you wanna just spend all your time just with him not thinking about anyone or anything else but each other and just enjoying being in each other's presence. but that would be a little weird if friends did it. it would sting a little when you would hang up the phone and and didn't say I love you. you got tired of feeling this way, feeling like you're just stuck on one big stupid question when you know the answer, so why don't you just talke to him about it, is what you thought about at night for a few days trying to plan how you're gonna bring it up to him. but of course, non of the plans worked without being awkward, but you did decide that you wanted to hang out at some random park and talk(and maybe make fun of some little kids),and would just let fate take over.

its the day, the day you're gonna tell him how you feel. you couldn't tell if you were nervous or excited or both, you just knew you wanted it to be over even though nothing has started yet. so here you both sit on the set of swings just talking and laughing like usual, you start to feel that strong and now annoying feeling again. "oh god, here we go", you thought as you start feeling it, the feeling of love you now knew. you both sit in a comfortable silence as you listen to sounds of the wind blowing the leaves on the trees, the slight squeaking of the swings slowly moving back and forth."its nice today huh?"he says taking you out of your thought, thanking what ever it was that made him speak first."yeah. finally" you say causing him to slightly laugh."you know" you start to say."you really are the best thing to happen to me" you say turning you head to face him. causing him to smile and look away. you can tell he's blushing but you don't say anything."you are too" he says quietly, looking down at his hands then looks at you. another moment of silence passes, just do it, you think to yourself, say it now,"I think". you pause after that, now its your turn to look down at your hands. he waits patiently, not rushing you."I think I love you" you say, but still looking at your hands, not yet wanting to see what his reaction was, tears slowly and painfully starting to swell in your eyes but not letting them fall."and I dont wanna love you as a best friend, I wanna love you as a boyfriend." you say a little quieter, slowly turning your head to face him, hes looking forward and smiling. the smile confused you, you didn't know if it was a "I've been waiting to say that my whole life" or a "are you stupid". "i think", he says once again pulling you out of your thoughts, still looking forward but pulling his lips into a thin line and ever so slightly squinting his eyes, looking like he's thinking. "I think I love you too" he then says slightly shocking you as he turns to look at you, " I have for a long time" he says softly. out of nowhere a rush of that feeling goes flying through your whole body, sending tingles everywhere, it was such a happy and confusing feeling but it felt great, you then start laughing. you start laughing more and more, and the tears of fear from beforethen turn to tears of laughter. alex starts to look confused at first, but your laugh being so contagious he starts laughing as well. about 30 seconds go by and you start settling down, tears going away, it is then another comfortable silence."so what was that about" he says, you assume hes asking about the hysterical laughter that just happened,"just. happy I guess" you say smiling" well I am too. I guess" he says mocking the way you said i guess. "so." you say"so." he says " what does this make us now?"you say looking at him" well what do you wanna be now?"he says "I wanna be more than best friends" you say "then that we'll be" he says with care, holding out his hand. you take it, and hold it in yours, happy that this confusion and sadness is replaced with certainty and happiness, along with other great feelings. this day will forever be remembered by the both of you, all because the you both exchanged 5 words. I think i love you.