𝙬𝙞𝙥𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨

written by ghost-like-pale on tumblr 

with the click of a button quackity ends his stream. he says his goodbyes to his friends and finally turns off his computer with a sigh. he was wrecked. he gets up from his seat and quickly makes his way to the kitchen, he's starving for something after such a long stream.

with a hum he opens the fridge and grabs the nearest can in his vision. he reads the label, decides it's fine, and turns around. as he opens the drink with a satisfying 'pop' and fizz he wonders where you are. usually you'd be downstairs, sitting on the couch or or somewhere in the kitchen. he takes a couple of sips, the soda bubbling in his mouth for a moment before swallowing it and taking another one. halfway through the drink he sets it down and goes looking for you.

his first guess was the bedroom, hoping he'd catch a glimpse of your cute resting face. it's late, after all.

he swiftly makes his way down the hall, trying to be as quiet as possible, in case you're actually sleeping. soon he reaches the door and places a hand on the doorknob. he turns it as slow as possible to keep the noise down and pushes the door open, peering inside and scanning the room.

"babe?" he whispers quietly. no response.

must be somewhere else then, he thought. he closed the door, subconsciously trying not to make a sound. he sighs and thinks about the rooms in the house. you're not in the kitchen, the bedroom is empty. where else could you be? the bathroom, maybe? there's no harm in checking, right?

he sticks his hands into his pockets and walks over to the end of the hall, past the framed pictures and over the soft carpet. as he gets closed to the door he hears a noise coming from inside the echoing room. when he forms his hand into a fist to knock, he hears a stifled sob, followed by a sniff. were you... crying?

"(y/n)?" he calls out.

your eyes shot to the door, hands still wet from catching your tears. quickly, you use your sleeves to dry your face and hands, stand up to look yourself in the mirror and try to erase any evidence of a tear. with shaky hands you reach to the door and pull it open. there you see alex standing with a worried expression, making you panic a little bit.

"yes?" your answer has a slight quiver to it, despite trying to sound casual.

"baby, are you okay?" he asks with his eyes laced concern.

you look down, too embarrassed to tell him what's on your mind. brows furrowed, quackity wraps both his arms around you in an attempt to comfort your teary eyes.

"it's okay, i'm here."

you gasped quietly when he embraced you, your eyes wide open and your arms still hanging at your sides.

his hands crossed each other and both rest on your upper arms, squeezing them slightly and pressing your body against his. his breath was steady and warm against your shoulder, bringing your body from tense to relaxed. his heartbeat felt like it was matching with yours, like he was connecting himself with you and feeling the same emotions you were. like he was taking away the pain by draining it in his heart. the locks of hair that stuck out from under his beanie prickled against your still slightly sensitive face, yet it felt soft and comforting.

"...sorry." you croak.

you drop your head onto the base of his neck, burying your nose in his hoodie that faintly smelled of his cologne. you slowly wrap your arms around his body, holding onto the fabric of his hoodie around his midriff.

"you don't have to apologize, mi alma." quackity smiles. he moves an arm up to lay it on your head, soothing your hysterical mind.

"can you tell me what happened?" he asks after a moment of comfortable silence.

you sigh, exhausted from the events of today. your eyes still burn because of your frantic attempt at drying them with your sleeves, you're still cold from standing barefoot on the bathroom tiles. alex is quick to notice your hesitation and speaks up again.

"you don't have to say anything if you don't want to. i just want to know if you're alright." he reassures, followed by a soft kiss on your jaw. you groan into his neck, signalling you were tired.

"alright, alright, i got it. come on." he laughs. he unwraps himself from you and lets a hand glide along your arm and down to your hand, grabbing onto it and giving it a light squeeze. "let's go to bed."

his smile is gentle and bright, like a warm evening sun. he tugs you towards the bedroom, not wasting any time with throwing himself on the bed.

"get over here, beautiful." he says. you follow his directions and saunter towards him, dropping to his side and snuggling your slightly damp face into his chest. the slight bounce of the mattress comforts your still aching body.

"you'll be alright. i'm right here." quackity whispers softly, accompanied with a tender kiss on the crown of your hair. he wraps his arms around your torso and shifts around for a moment until he eventually settled. his legs were tangled with yours, his chin was resting on your head and your bodies were almost impossibly close.

"i love you." you mumble into his hoodie. he chuckles and gives yoou another kiss.

"i love you too, mi cariño."