𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙚

written by sunflowerdaisybee

Having a roommate in college is cool, unless you happen to have (Y/n) as your roommate. They're the coldest, most boring person ever. At least that was how Quackity felt. The dark-haired man had tried his best to get his roommate to open up to him, or at least say hi, but they never did.

They had only spoken to him once, and it was to tell him to fuck off after he had been pestering them all week. Now they just flip him off or glare at him until he leaves them alone.

Now you hadn't meant to be cold to him, it was just how you were as a person. You hated everyone and everything. Yet you couldn't hate your roommate, he was always so happy and he gave off this warm and safe feeling. Despite the way he was always so kind to you, and how you couldn't hate him, you pretended you did.

~

You had gotten home late today, you had been swamped with assignments and had stayed at the library later than you intended to. Opening the door to your apartment you had expected Quackity to be asleep, he had no reason to be up this late. Though to your surprise, Quackity was sat on the living room couch, and he shot up immediately upon noticing you.

"(Y/n), you're ok. You worried me." You just looked at him confused as you closed the door and took off your shoes.

"I was worried about you, you were out later than you usually are and I was afraid something had happened to you." You didn't say anything, only hung up your coat and headed off towards your room. Though you only made it a few steps down the hallway when you turned around. Quackity was still standing in the living room, though now he just looked sad.

"Why do you care?"

"Huh?" Quackity looked at you quickly, surprised you talked to him.

"I said, why do you care? It's not like I've been particularly nice to you, if anything I've done the opposite."

"A very important person once told me that 'you never know what someone could be going through, so take every opportunity to be nice regardless of how they act.' I don't know what you're going through but I don't want you to think I hate you. I worry about you because you're my roommate and this apartment wouldn't be the same without you." You had started to tear up at his words.

Not knowing what to say you simply walked over to him and hugged him, hands gripping his shirt tightly. Quackity was quick to hug you back, comforting you as best he could.

When you had finally calmed down enough, Quackity separated from the hug and moved the two of you to be sitting on the couch. His hands held yours in his lap, his thumbs running gently over the tops of your knuckled.

"I'm sorry, it's just that. I've been through so much and no one believes me or understands. I sorta gave up on the world and believed it had done the same to me. But you've proven otherwise." A sad smile wormed its way onto your face, tears falling less and less frequently by this point.

"I would never give up on you. You're (Y/n), my roommate and my friend." You smiled at the word 'friend,' finding comfort in the title.

"If it's not too much to as, can we cuddle and watch a movie, as friends?"

"Of course, what movie do you wanna watch?"

"It doesn't matter, anyone is fine." Quackity nodded and got up to grab some fluffy blankets and the tv remote.

"Do you wanna go change into some comfier clothes while I find a movie" You nodded and waddled off to your room, coming back out after a few minutes.

You had changed into your comfiest pajamas and settled back on the couch with Quackity, who you cuddled up with after climbing under the blankets.

"Thank you."