Chapter 7. The Strict Luna

Nandini's POV

I was nervously standing outside a lavish room with double royal doors having silver handles. Mr. Manav Malhotra, or as I should be calling him after his revelation- Alpha Manav, bought me to his packhouse in the New York.

The flight had been silent once he shared about his pack abs how they lived a normal life between humans. Otherwise i thought there would be boundaries marking packs, wolves roaming around freely in the open as it was their little territory. I met no such thing when we landed on the New York airport.

For the starters, the alpha had me change into an air hostess's decent clothes, a pair of trousers and I white shirt. He said that his Luna was strict and if I was to stay in his house then I needed to impress his wife.

"No ways, Manav, I'm not letting that woman stay in the house, let alone anywhere in the pack." But hearing the resistance she was putting up at the mention of my name, I don't think I was going to get a place here.

Arti Malhotra's looks she's given me at the arrival was scary. Her eyes had widened and shone dangerously. She's stared at me as I walked inside their lavish mansion with a huge pool on the front. I was taken aback when she ignored my greetings and pulled her husband, I mean her mate, inside their bedroom and shut the door on my face.

But the look Alpha Manav gave me before the door was closed said that he wouldn't let me go anywhere.

"Arti, she's not like other women. She's different. You'll be impressed by her if you ever spend five minutes with her in a room." Alpha Manav said.

I heard his wife chuckle which has to be of sarcasm follows her remark, "You've got to be kidding me, Manav. She has to be different coz she's a mortal. A human! You know how tempting humans are. And she... If you didn't notice then let me remind you, is a sexy woman with a body looking as exotic as a temple. Wolves in the pack would die to pay her temple a visit if she stays here." There was a pause.

"Not to mention the rejections other females will have to take because of her. You're getting my point? She... Can't stay here Manav." She tried harder to convince the alpha that I was a bad funds to make an investment it.

"The only thing I've seen so far is that she's clever as hell. I want her in this pack." The alpha said. "I've learned she's majored in medicines from the top most institution of India. A little more training and she'd make a pretty medic for our pack. I don't know but I am not letting her go out of here. Not that she has anywhere else to go."

"Well then... Great! Suit yourself." His Luna's disappointment was sensible.

"Babe, you'll love her, I swear. She's got killer persuasion skills and her mind runs better than your typical mortal women. I will be disappointed if she doesn't get a place here to stay. I've promised to take care of her, Arti. Please let her stay in." Alpha tried to convince her.

He was risking his relationship for me. It's clear the Luna doesn't like me and she won't appreciate me staying in this mansion which is too luxurious for someone like me. I've grown into an apartment of two bedrooms, a kitchen, a single bathroom for all, and a small living room. This place seemed as if it has come out of a dream. I am not lucky enough to get a chance at being its resident, am I?

It might be a struggling stressful life but I will make ends meet. Anyways I wasn't sure I could adjust between mythological beasts I have grown up studying about in fictions.

The least I can request from Alpha Manav is to lend me some money so I can buy myself some clothes, a roof for some days while I figure out what to do with my life.

Obviously... I'll pay him back once I've found a job.

One thing is certain... That I am not going back to India. I don't want to see my filthy father. But I will also not sulk and cry over that course my life has taken. I will stand and fight.