78. Two steps back to defeat

Manik's POV

I restlessly gathered myself on my feet and shook my head while squeezing my eyes tight to get my head clear, "Is Tony certain? It could be a show to distract us and have us go to different locations so they can carry it out within New York like usual."

"The information is purely unadulterated, Alpha. Jule shared it with him sometime ago when they're in bed." Nathan said, breathing heavily on the mind link. "The truck carrying the girls is on its way. I have one of our soldiers following it already while I'm filling several SUVs with all the ammunition we'd need."

He panted loudly and I imagined him loading the car with a bulk of guns and grenades.

"Your army is ready for command, Alpha." I blinked my eyes, my chest swelling with pride.

Nathan's doing this job better than me. I would definitely give him a long holiday after all this has been settled with so he can go and find his mate.

"I'll be there in ten minutes, Nathan. Keep everything ready and make sure there are ambulances and doctors available for the girls." I said as I slammed my heavy fist on each door that shut down a while ago. "Inform Raghav too."

"It'll be done, Alpha."

As we hung up, I banged my fist harder on the doors to cast off the spell of slumber from my brothers' eyes and screamed, "It's time for action, guys. Wake up."

I entered my room and quickly pulled on a t-shirt and a holster over it. Taking a tour to the bathroom, I splashed a handful of cold water on my face to banish the remnants of sleep from my eyes.

Once done, I wheeled out towards the bed to get my phone that has been on charging, "Fuck! Fuck!" I forgot to turn on the switch.

I saw the battery percent being two. Shit. There were messages and a picture sent by Nandini.

'There's no time for distraction, Manik.' My wolf said, forcing me to put the phone in the front pocket of my pants.

"Any bad news?" I almost ran into Conor who was rubbing his eyes.

"Very bad. The auction is being held within forty..." I checked the clock. "Thirty three minutes from now."

"Have the girls been transported?"

"On their way." I grabbed my glock and loaded it on the right side of the holster.

Rogue walked out of his room fully prepared with his favorite gun and blade while Evan struggled with his trousers. I looked at them all and shared the information I got through Nathan.

Within minutes we were in our respective cars. Rogue nodded at me before he drove his car off, leaving first. Followed by Conor and then Evan.

I waited back since Nathan will join me and a truck full of army is on its way. I wish I could call Nandini and tell her I miss her. My body was all hot and unsatisfied from being away for all these days. I couldn't even hear her voice once.

"I'm on the truck with the soldiers, Alpha." Nathan said on the link, yanking me back to the present. "The SUVs are following suit."

I fired up my engine and drove at full speed. Rogue and others are moving at full speed. Although I'd told them I can take care of it on my own, they insisted on helping me.

For them this war is not my own alone. They want to fight for the rights of all women and create a safe place for them, and an example for such assholes who might want to jump into human trafficking in the mafia world again.