29. Hungry Stomach

Nandini's POV

"Why am I feeling so bad about it ugh? He's not even someone close to me." I slapped the book on the bad mercilessly and got up to freshen my head.

My heart aches and it is hard to cast the images of Alpha Manik with that woman out of my head. I know it is none of my business but ever since I have seen him there, I can't do anything else. My mind won't stop thinking about him.

"Why did you skip your dinner because of him Nandini? You are a dimwit woman who's punishing herself for something she should lest care about." I pulled my hair in frustration after my stomach churned.

I have been so sour at the alpha that I missed my meal. Confronting that woman on the dining table was the last thing I wanted so I preferred to stay back in my room.

But the truth - my stomach hurts now.

I want food. I have to keep my ego aside and set a foot out of the door of my private space.

Taking a small breath I leave my room. It is dark as the lights have all been switched off. Only the dim night lights are put on that illuminate the area a little bit. The residents of this mansion are wolves so they really don't need strong lights but I had to keep every step carefully and avoid running into a table, and knocking objects or master pieces down on the floor. Since it is a highly preserved mansion, every second decor is expensive and anything that breaks means a huge loss eventually.

I dragged my feet carefully and came to the kitchen. The kitchen slab was nicely cleaned with no trace of food. The utensils were washed and set in their place while the oven was as empty as my stomach.

There was nothing for me to consume. I even looked into the fridge but there was only frozen food and vegetables I hardly had a desire to push down my throat. There were several other eatables that I don't like.

I banged the door close yet not so strongly as I didn't want to disturb the sleep of the members of this family. Considering they are wolves, even a noise caused a few yards away would be adequate to disturb their deep sleep.

"This is what you get for being egoistic, Nandini Murthy. You didn't have anything to do with the alpha and his girlfriend yet here you are- famished and regretful." I clutched my stomach and scolded myself for being so stupid.

The dumbest specie of the devil had to possess me that I acted that way. Had I thought a little sharply with my head and not with I-don't-know-what than I would not be squirming in hunger like this.

With my lips pursing, I turned around to leave. But then it would be a miracle if I ever walked nicely, wouldn't it? I had to bump into the kitchen slab and hurt my head.

But then... The realization dawned on me that the kitchen counter is not as high as the height of my head. It ends below my breasts. It was obvious I collided with something else.

But who cares? It has to be a wolf. Apparently a servant who might have come to look into the kitchen hearing the noise I made by banging the fridge door aggressively. The least I did was sigh and pat at the arm of the servant and walk past him as I said, "It's okay. There's no invader. It's me- the hungry Nandini Murthy. You can go back to your quarters."

I was running my head with hand and holding my hungry stomach to tame it's my growling with another. I had just reached the mouth of the kitchen and about to walk out when someone caught my hand holding my stomach by the elbow and yanked me behind.

I collapsed with a hard chest. It angered me as it has to be that servant I crashed into. Though I was sorry for not paying attention or being apologetic over my negligence, this is not how someone should pull you back.

The empty space in my stomach clenched. It turned into enrage and the eyes I had kept shut shot open.

"How dare you pull me back?" I shouted with a low pitched voice not wanting to wake up others.

"You could ask me to apologize than grabbing my hand and pulling me back across your chest. This is inappropriate. Alpha Manav will suspend you if I go to him with my complaint against you." I chided.

Since the kitchen was in total darkness I can't see the face of the servant. But he was tall and broad. It doesn't help much provided that every second male in this mansion is tall and brawny. I can't think of anyone in particular.

He was standing above me with his full height and blocked the beam of light coming from the kitchen entrance. His back was at the door and I completely in dark.

There was not enough strength in me to fight him. Not that he was at fault. It was me who messed up and it was also me who was throwing anger.

It was already past the midnight and I was not in the mood to argue. I better say sorry and finish this.

"Okay, I accept my fault. I am sorry. I was not looking straight and bumped into you. Now please would you let go of my han-" Oh wait, he is not holding my hand anymore.

It is my fucking waist.

His large fingers are wrapped around my little waist. I could feel his hot breaths on my lips as his head is lowered down toward my mouth.

Bloody cunt!!! How dare he take advantage of my hunger and steal the warmth of my waist while I am not noticing and lean his bloody face so closer to me.

"You... How dare you hold my waist? Let go. Let go of me now." Pushing my palms with full force on his iron like hot chest, I aimed between his legs.

But he tackled my kick and the next thing I know was that I was pushed back to lie on the slab. I opened my mouth to scream but this male lower down on me. Before I could think of anything and get out of his hold, his lips crash down on mine and close my mouth from mewling.

Tbc...

Hii guys, here's a new chapter. I'm trying to get past my writer's block and hopefully you will get another chapter tomorrow along with Mafia one if everything goes well.

Do support me with lots of comments and votes 🙏

No target☺️