98. I want my strength back

The target is achieved! Here are your 3 chapters as promised. 😊😊

Ps. This is exclusively for the loyal readers. An attempt to thank them for patiently waiting and reading each chapter with enthusiasm i had seen during the beginning of the book. ❤️

Enjoy reading!

****

98. I want my strength back

Manik's POV

I sat behind the steering wheel of my Mercedes and fired the engine aggressively. My gaze fell on the rear view at mom holding Lelah and a fierce longing seized hold of me.

That should have been Nandini holding our daughter. Lelah should have met her mamma first... Before her grandparents or uncles and aunts in the mansion. But I acted on a fucking impulse.

No, it wasn't even an impulse. I don't know what it was but whatever it was, was commendable of utter revulsion.

Only the heaven knows what the fuck had been going on in my mind. I fucking stayed away from Nandini and waited for the right time to tell her about everything. I bloody ignored her don't know for what. Maybe I waited for the right time... Or the right situation. I don't know. I fucking don't know.

There was no right time between two people that loved madly— or if I had even a sense of faithfulness in my relation and toward Nandini— then I wouldn't have to leave in search of her like this.

It's my fault. Only my fault.

'Don't blame yourself, Manik. " Rage pounded in me like a drumbeat at my wolf's words.

"You better keep your mouth shut if you don't want to lose your fucking life, Mike. Because I swear on the moon goddess that I will bloody inject myself with virulent potions that will kill you."

I don't mind becoming a mortal at the moment because I am burning in the flames of longing and remorse. My girlfriend has been missing since morning and it's just recently I discovered that. All the bad thoughts of her ending into a problem makes my heart skip a beat. But I swear to the moon goddess that I will kill each and everyone around me if I notice even a small scratch on her body.

I focused ahead on the road as I drove recklessly. My car was beyond normal speed and I avoided crashing in three just by mere inches. Anger rushed in my veins and I tightened my fingers around the steering wheel.

Fuck, Nandini. Where the hell are you?

Why did you leave alone?

My stomach sank in a sharp agony of panic, disappointment and sheer, unmitigated fright. I tried to connect all the info I received so far and a haywire occurred in my system.

Nandini must have seen her mother in Stanley Archibald's house when she visited him as a guest. She freaked out and left in a hurry. Then she endeavored to seek my help and rescue her mother at once. But since she heard me being a moron, she believed she was on her own and probably left this morning to save her mother.

It's dad's birthday today, too. She possibly thought Stanley Archibald would be at the party and she would easily get her mom out of there. But… She got trapped.

I bit back a groan as I drove faster. Archibald's mansion was still fifteen minutes away from here. I sped up even more and connected with Nathan who had left instantaneously with Seth and Joel to search for Nandini.

'Any updates?' I asked once I sensed him on the link.

'No, Alpha. The house is delectably clean and every corner smells of fresh lime as if they've cleaned the house.' My knuckles turned white at the info.