39. Healing Him

Hey guys, I'm loving your response on the book. Thanks 💕
Hope to see same feedback on this one.

Enjoy reading❤️📚

Nandini's POV

That night I squirmed in bed restlessly as the thoughts of Alpha Manik bothered me from head to toe. Sleep had gone out of the window to play peekaboo with the floating clouds whereas my tensed heart remained terrified midst harrowing thoughts of him, who caused it uneven in the first place-- Alpha Manik.

Why? He didn't return to the mansion after he left. I asked his beta and got to know the last thing he knew about Alpha Manik was going to meet the one of owners of the grooming factories I had revealed as active agents in human trafficking.

I was overtaken by my overwhelming emotions that always haunt me after such intimate encounter with the alpha. This time I went overboard and blurted stuff I didn't really mean.

By not wanting to be with him I didn't mean to say that he was not capable of being with me as my life partner. I only meant we were worlds apart. He was a wolf and I a human. There could be no match. There would never be a match considering that he was the king of his kind, a leader. An alpha. He had thousands to take care of.

On the contrary, I am a simple human. Someone who should be with someone of her own kind, a human. Not with an alpha. He deserves a powerful Luna to take care of his pack and stay by his side as his strength during war. I would just be a weakness to him if we ever dated. And a sickly responsibility that would come in his ways all the times as a downside.

That is what I had meant through those words. Terminal words. But I guess they hit him straight to his heart, and the following morning I saw him in a very bad condition.

He was bleeding from forehead to his torso. There were bruises on his forearms and his nails half chipped, showing that he had a fight. This instantly made me approach him.

"Oh my god, you are bleeding. What did you do to yourself?" He only scoffed as a detrimental smirk covered his mouth.

Then the worst gripped my stomach into a knot of distress, "D-did you get into a fight?" I raised my hand to touch the trailing line of crimson on his forehead, but he flinched back.

"Send Jenna to my room, aunty." He asked from Navya's mom and disappeared from my eyesight with his beta following him to his bedroom.

As of now, I was in the corridor leading to his bedroom, which is crowded with a cluster of servants as Alpha Manik is getting tended inside his bedroom by Jenna, one of my teammates from medical care group.

"Why did you go like that, Alpha Manik? Why right after our conversation?" I muttered controlling my tears.

I heard Alpha Manik straight away went to the residence of the owner of a grooming factory and ripped him open in two pieces. There's something only Beta Nathan knows but I infer it has something to do regarding a conversation Alpha Manik had with the owner.

They were talking about something. It turned into a chaos and towards the end there were streams of blood flowing and showers of ripped out limbs and hands in the air taking place inside the house of the owner as Alpha Manik sent them to netherworld alone. He himself incurred some lethal injuries too.

"I am also a doctor but I am not allowed to see them. What kind of order is that? Why do you be so difficult, alpha Manik? " I hissed as I stared in the direction of his bedroom.

Beta Nathan exclusively warned me to stay away from his bedroom. He claimed that Alpha Manik procured distressing gashes and they would make him lose his control. It was better if I stayed away from him in such situation provided that an injured wolf presumably tries to put out his frustration on people he dislikes when in pain. So it was for my betterment if I didn't go towards him.