Chapter 9. Welcomed Into The Pack

Nandini's POV

Soft rays of the sun, after a new dawn, bathed my face with warmth, causing me to jerk my eyes open.

"Good morning," I got up to the view of Luna Arti flashing a vibrant grin at me.

Still in daze from the realization of having her in my room, I nervously tucked my hair behind my ears. I was conscious of my appearance for I have been crying the other night. I didn't want her to look at my scarlet face with traces of dry tears.

But wait! Just then I looked up only to meet her gentle eyes.

She passed a serene blink of assurance and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"You look beautiful- just as I've seen you for the first time." Her words made me uncomfortable.

She could read my mind. It didn't distress me much for she was a wolf and mind reading is one of their best skills.

"I... Last night I was," I looked at my battling fingers.

It was hard to lie when I am aware of her skills. She must have read my mind last night too which is why she told me everything was okay.

I don't know how to feel. My heart was catching speed and eyes didn't want to meet hers. I've never felt so helpless in my life before. Except on the day when I lost my mother five years ago when I was twenty.

Until she was alive i had a perfect life that I was grateful of. But as she left us, my father came out as a greedy selfish man. He tried to hook me up with thugs and goons for selfish motives. He took me to discomforting parties only to use me as a commodity for earning benefits from perverted people.

All of that made me tough. I learned how to deal with him and avoid any destruction until that party. I didn't see that coming. My father played a trick I couldn't even perceive in my dreams. He sold me away.

Which girl would still be strong post she's saved herself from a hell? A girl who was sold by her father. A girl who's hoped a happy life with her only family left. Exactly which girl will be perseverant after she's run away from a factory selling women as commodity?

I had been putting on a fake mask of strength but my patience turned to shreds as I entered my chambers. The empty room with pin drop silence made me think back about what happened in last few days, eventually, compelling me burst into tears and finally cry like a typical girl who's avoided a vulnerable situation.

"Shh, you don't have to say anything, beta. I know it." Her hands cupped my cheeks. "Considering how you are avoiding my gaze I get you comprehended that I was there in your room the whole night taking your care."

I controlled my tears as I ogled at her astoundingly. Her touch was magically painful. It awakened in me the miserable daughter my mother's death left behind herself.

"Forgive me if I made you feel unwanted, I was just concerned. You are a beauty and the wolves die for such women. I simply wanted to keep conflicts away. I had no idea what you went through unless my husband told me after the dinner." She inched closer and pulled me in her embrace.

My head fell on her shoulders. I felt my eyes closing again in relief as her warm hands snaked at my back. She moved it up and down, giving me a feeling I was not immune to having. She was breaking my walls of persistence. Her motherly touch snuck inside the cave i had created around my stabbed hearted through the cracks.

"I am sorry you had to go through that phase, beta. You are not my daughter but I felt my heart being pierced when Manav told me about your hardship. I hate your father for selling away such a beautiful girl and those monsters who gave you this marks." She pulled apart and took my wrists.

"T-they h-hurt a lot. I... I c-couldn't sleep properly because of the burning sensation." I showed her my wrists.

The color of my skin had become maroon. With passing time the pain in my wrists was amplifying. I had been too much in mental despair that I didn't have much room to look at my physical injuries.

"A-and my a-ankles they hurt too. I can't walk well. A-and..." I gulped. "I... Am scared."

"Oh no, no, beta, Sshh, stop it. I'll have them aided. Don't worry. In fact, I'll treat your wound myself." She got up and pulled me tighter in her arms.

She rested her chin on my head and brushed my back harder. I stuck closer and locked my hands around her waist as a three year old kid who's woken up from a scary clown's nightmare.

"You are absolutely safe here. No one will hurt you here, beta. I promise that nothing will happen to you here. You are a part of Full Moon Pack now." I wish it was only the truth.

~~~

"This is delicious, Luna." I squealed joyfully after putting another piece of lasagna I cut from the block I was served in a plate.

"I am glad you like it. Try this pudding." Luna Arti forward a plate of the sweet delicacy and I hungrily dug into it.

In order to distant me from those sulking thoughts of my father and last few days, Luna Arti helped me freshen up and took me to the breakfast table. I didn't have any clothes so she offered me one of her dresses that was a little bit lose on my frame but suited me.

Luna Arti also applied some medicines on my wounds which really helped reduce the pain. I can move my wrists flexibly now.

Mr. Malhotra... I mean the alpha left in the early morning. So it was only her and I sitting in the dining table.

"This is wonderful, ma'am. I would love to learn some of your recipes."

"I would love to teach you, cutie."

Then I finished the pudding and asked for more. Luna happily gave me more.

"You are just like Manik," She said as she watched me eating like a desperate kid.

"Manik?"

"My son."

"You have a son?"

"Yeah, a hot-headed son with anger clouding his face all the time." I loved how she chuckled.

Nevertheless, his mini description made my feet tickle. I was suddenly both excited and thrilled. I don't know why.

"He's been in Vegas for training. He's returning today." I suddenly felt like my heart beats were pounding near my ears.

I passed her a smile as she excitedly look away.

"It's been long since I saw him. I miss him." She said with a hint of moisture in her eyes. "But my wait will come to an end today as he's returning. Manav's gone to bring him home."

Tbc...

Hi guys, sorry for making you wait! Here's you chapter.
Hope you enjoyed it!

How will be Manik's entry... Any guesses?

Also I've already planned the upcoming story and according to that... Steamy stuff will begin shortly 😈😈😈

Don't forget to comment and vote 😁