Chapter 22. Grateful Of Her

Manik's POV

Gosh, why can't I focus on my bloody business. Why do i have to think about her again and again?

Or about a suffering childhood she may have had under a greedy father's shadow? Why does my mind wander back to her helpless mother who may have been hooked with him in a marriage no less than a bargain with a selfish businessman who stared at her as a good trade than as a woman worth being a life partner?

Why do I think about her mother's condition for finding her daughter's bed empty the next morning? And then when she inquired her husband regarding her location, her appalled expressions and hammering chest while being told about her daughter's now fate!

A small sound of displeasure howled beneath my breath. I closed the laptop and dipped my face in my hands. I can't concentrate on anything else but her. I want to know more about her life she lived in India before and all her emotions she felt or currently feels for having ended up in a paranormal world with a- I dislike using those words for myself, but under a control of freaky tormentor alpha who brung her waves of pain in series since his arrival.

She is not an innocent baby herself but she didn't really do anything wrong. In fact, I felt amazed the next day when I reprocessed the whole night in my head. She put on a brave act I must say.

Girls in her place would have closed themselves behind heavy doors so the danger didn't get them. Nandini Murthy actually came out with a dagger to face it. She also stabbed me. It excites me to think about it all over again.

I am actually exasperated at the scar she carved on my flawless skin, tarnishing my sexy body. It will though fade away soon with the use of medication, the pain won't. I still feel the area ache. The sensation won't die unless the scar disappears. That being said I determined to hurt her while I endured this pain.

I fancied her to feel some bit of the anguish and see how it hurts.

'I don't want you to hurt her more, Manik. Let her be. You will otherwise be seen as a discriminating alpha who picked on a mortal member of his pack. We do not want the pack to raise their fingers on you.' My wolf expressed in a soft convincing tone.

He speaks the correct things at the most undesirable times. I must take his words seriously now.

"Hmm, I won't pick on her now." I replied to him. "I may be arrogant but I am not an oppressor... And I will never target a mentally disturbed person. She may show unwavering perseverance but deep down she is broken. I don't have any intention to break her and seek pleasure out of her debilitation."

Later than that I engrossed myself in work. I checked several accounts of some of the grooming factories on 'Rivera Island' (where Nandini was rescued from) and their transactions.

My head was left as a throbbing mess, my throat felt as dry as parchment, and my wolf insanely howled in my chest given that a few factories from the ones I picked had absolutely mind-boggling activities being undertaken secretly inside of them. My eyes watered as I looked at some confidential documents I managed to acquire through our tech support.

"I will kill these bastards! All of them." I jerked away my dripping tears and tried not to let it burden my chest but it was hard to deal with that.

They rob newborn babies from hospitals and show that they were born dead. There is a big chain of hospitals coordinating together with such grooming factories. These newborn human babies are sent to science institutions for experimentation or to pedophiles who desire delicate babies for.... I can't go there.

"I will be forever grateful of Nandini." I got up and moved to the window and looked outside.

Taking in deep gulps of oxygen I tried not to let it get into my head. My wolf wants me to react to it. I wouldn't take an action just because my wolf wants to. Now that I know there are illegal freaking activities are being carried out in the dark shadows, I will pull out all of them one by one.

There is freaking channel through which they operate. There are more parties involved beside the hospital staff and the owners of grooming factories. I will pull all of them out of the shadows and punish them with such cruelty that the whole world witnessing it will take a distressing lesson from it.

I undid another button of my shirt and let cool air strike my hot skin. I feel burning inside. My wolf wants to come out and create destruction. But I know a better way than this... Sex. It will help me release bad hormones and get eased up.

Whirling around, I hit the door and off the corridor to my room. I have already arranged a woman for myself. She is beautiful and had it not been her deep charming eyes, I would have never made a mistress agreement with her. I will seek shelter in her arms tonight.

I came to my room. Mom was long gone. Thank goddess. I couldn't look her in the eyes after our heated conversation. She must be angry with me and I want to avoid her right now at all costs.

I grabbed a new denim and a black shirt. I was about to slip into the washroom and in a soothing warm bath. But the doors of my room flung open aggressively. Someone swept inside and the next thing is that I heard a thud sound.

"Vinay," My eyes enlarged as I observed his bleeding eyebrow and a cut on the left side of his mouth.

He was lying on his stomach, his face flushed. There was blood everywhere on his broke knuckles. His shirt torn and various scratches on his bare forearms.

"A-alpha," He had collapsed to the ground.

"Vinay, what the hell is this? What happened to you? Why are you bleeding damn it?" I hurriedly caught him before he passed out and slapped my fingers on his cheek to keep him awake.

Then I suddenly became conscious about others. About HER precisely.

"W-where are the other members?"

His weary eyes flickered. His heart beat was racing. There were claw marks on his shoulder.

"Vinay, please speak something." I patted his cheek again.

He gasped. His fingers quivered. Vinay raised his hand to his damaged shoulder and pointed at the marks, "Rogues snuck in the woods to attack on us. Th-they wanted Raghav for some reason but..."

His unexpected cough made my heart beat crazily. Rogues and the mention of them plays like a poison to my heart. They stain our community and tarnish our name. It is because of them why humans think wolves are dangerous. It is the rogues who attack but our entire kind getting hate for the same.

"But what, Vinay? Complete your statement before you pass out!" the exclamation eluded my lips before I knew.

I continued patting his cheek so he persisted. Then after a deep inhalation, he exhaled a breath, "Na-ndini attracted them to herself a-and they took h-her leaving Raghav a-and others behind."

.... And a sudden coldness hit my core as my skin tingled with goosebumps.

Tbc...

Sorry for being late, here is your chapter. More coming soon. This will not make the story more interesting hehe 😘

Any ideas as to what's coming next?