51. Doing What Is Right 51. Doing What Is Right

First of all, thank you so much for praying for my father and all your messages. Alhumdulillah, he's doing great now. Just a little bit weakness. Can't tell you how scared I was and everything was depressing. I'd pray to God that no one gets to see the hospital unless it is for a good news. Trust me, I still get chill down my very bones when I think of that night.

Anyway, let's put bad memories in the past and focus on the story. So, since I'm grateful and want to pay it sincerely, here I present to you 3 chapters. Enjoy reading and don't forget to comment and vote. 😘

***

Manik's POV

I felt Nandini's heart beat drop and head slide backward. I immediately put one hand behind her head and made her sit on the mattress by the support of the pillows.

"I don't feel good, Manik. I don't..." She's unable to complete her words and leaned back in the pillow.

"It's okay, Nandini. Don't think about anything and relax." Making her drink some water despite her refusing it, I stroked her bare shoulders and pressed my lips on the crown of her head.

My poor Nandini. When I think back at the time I met her and how I bothered her without knowing the dreary circumstances she had withstood, I feel ashamed of myself. I'd shown no mercy to her and sent her to hospital bed within a few hours of her rescue by my father.

But she is the bravest woman I have ever encountered. She was stuck in a perilous storm in the middle of an ocean and she came out of it alive. While no one got to see the sun rays of a new morning after their abduction, she managed to escape the darkness of grooming factory using her brain.

Any other women in her spot would have died just at the thought of it because the chances of fleeing away are as less as the hope of finding life on Mars. And the repercussions that follow if you fail to succeed can only be assumed.

I have found trash bins full of amputated hands and legs. The stench of blood had specified that it had seeped deeper into the cracks on the ground and deposited in the core of the earth. There was a thick layer of a black substance on the walls of the factory. Some claimed it was grease that smelled foul when mixed with blood. But further with research we found out that it was blood. Blood of innocent women that spilled on the wall when their hands and legs were being cut in the name of punishing them.

I'd appointed a special team to unearth the culprits and deep secrets of this business. Over a course of thirty days, we raided a dozen such factories and the discovery made cannot be defined. All I can say is that we sealed them down and rescued about five hundred young women either in one or half pieces without their legs or hands.

It was the sight of them without their body parts that compelled me to close down the business of supplying women. They are not objects born for our recreation. Or for any men. Women have their own life and free will. They are not to be objectified. It saddens me to think that so many women over the decades have lost their lives and freedom just because some horny wolves desired them.

This feeling. This heavy feeling ever since I visited grooming factories for inspection has been following me like a dark cloud. Being an alpha on whose land this has been taking place for years and as someone whose girlfriend's come from such dire place, I feel like I am suffocating in well of sadness that I can't seem to climb of even of I try my hard.

Oh goddess, I rub my hands on my face and heaved a sigh of anguish. Turning my head back to Nandini, I found her sleeping. She looked I'll even though a few seconds ago she was well. Her skin felt cool beneath my fingers as I pulled the blanket until her shoulder. She was also pale and it was the indication of deep anguish that might have confined her heart in a vile grip after I shared the news of the letter to her.

Oh that I shouldn't have. If I have known she would end up like this-- like a victim with tormented heart, I would have kept it with myself. I have learned my lesson through. No matter what happens now I am not going to share anything with her. Her withered face and low spirit affects me more than the weakness of my wolf.

Anyway, it's time that I get up and execute some strict rules in my pack to protect women and their lives. I cannot sit here all day long with my spine shuddering intensely over Nandini's health sudden downfall. She is a woman with metallic determination and it is not going to bent anytime soon.

With that thought in mind I leave her on the bed not before covering her properly with the quilt. Then with a towel and a bathrobe I hastened in the bathroom. Although my wolf requests me to not take a bath since Nandini's beguiling scent has submerged deep into the pores of my skin and I smell of her, I quickly step in the shower and focus on the dangers lying ahead of me.

'Prepare my ride, Nathan. And don't forget to load the trunk with ammunitions and weapons.' I instructed my beta on the mind link once I was sure I was ready to leave.

I glanced back at Nandini before departing my room. She might be furious to not find me around but I know she will understand. There's a dreary situation that needs me and I don't act on it in time then things can do down the hill and object my powers as the protector of the pack.

"All done?" Outside the palace, I found Nathan with the special team I've appointed to deal with the grooming factory chaos.

"Everything's ready, Alpha." Nathan reply but there was an anguishing edge to his voice.

I just acknowledged with a nod of my head and settled in a black Mercedes mom bought me on my last birthday. With three men out seven settled in my car with me. The others mounted the jeep on them had bought.

I never used this car before until today. As I settled down, I watched Nathan slide into the driver's seat and wear the belt.

His gloomy expressions talk of the remorse he was feeling in his chest. Because it was him who unwrapped the parcel we received at the headquarters. It was Nathan who read the letter and surveyed through the box with pieces of infant girls as he was doubtful there could be a bomb or harmful gases.

"Here, take this." He stared at the can of beer I forwarded it to him.

"Thanks, but I am not thirsty." Pain was laced in his shaky voice.

I tapped the beer can on his bicep in order to encourage him to take it, "I don't want you to drink it to quench your thirst, Nathan. Drink it because you look sick."

He shook his head disapprovingly but I've snapped the pad already. With a smile, I brought the open hole to his mouth, "Come on, drink it now."

His eyebrows drew together painfully. Even though he fulfilled my command and emptied the beer can, his eyes remained steely and mouth stretched into a tight line. He wasn't happy. Distracted too. I looked straight as I felt my own nerves flood with rage.

"Don't let the pain reduce into a sympathy for the babies, guys." Nathan was not the only one affected. The three men sitting in the rear seats were disturbed too. "If you are distressed and feel the pain for their parents, let it come out in the face of your fury and charge it on the wrong-doers. Turn your anguish into a motive that you would pick on every person responsible and make them pay for the sins they have done."

Tbc...