03

...
JANE

the sound of the plate and fork touching each-other surfaced around the silent living room as i push my chair back and grab the now empty plate to wash.

as i place it in the washer for a moment i soon catch a glimpse of the card the lady had handed me earlier today. the thought of working for her kept running in my mind the entire time back home till now.

feeling the nibble on the corner of my lips i grab the card before grabbing my phone with it as well. soon enough i type in the number from the back and texted.

"hi this is jane from the shop earlier you went to with your kid. i just wanted to see if the offer was still up for the babysitter"

pressing send i put my phone down with the screen towards the table due to my anxiety. would this work? is this going to be a stupid idea? will i regret it?

before i could move ahead and back towards my seat the sound of my phone dinging twice broke the silence making me immediately grab the device and open it up.

"hi yes :) the offer is still VERY much up and standing."

"if you'd like you can come to my home to meet up with my kid and husband and make sure you're qualified for the part"

i smiled at the sight of the text before typing in my response.

"sure i'd like to. would 9 am work for you?"

seeing the three dots appear on the screen with the check mark now turned from greg to blue she suddenly responds back quickly.

"perfect! see you tomorrow morning then jane"

placing my phone back down i pause for a split second before squealing and spinning in a circle with my hands lifted up in the air.

i was super happy for this opportunity. maybe i could follow up my future career and plans.

as i took a stop due to now feeling nauseous i suck in my cheeks before placing a hand onto my chest momentarily.

"i need an outfit oh my god" i burst before running up the stairs of my apartment home not before gripping onto my phone in a tight hold letting my knuckles turn a shade of white.

soon enough i begin a search for a proper outfit for tomorrow.

-

"breathe in... breath out..." i mutter biting the edge of my tongue as i look up at the big white doors of the mansion facing now in-front of me.

it's 8:57 am already and i came 3 minutes earlier because i was worried traffic would be intense. amber had texted me the address of her place around 6 just to make sure i get here safely.

or was it her assistant? man i dont know it's rich people crap at this point.

the mansion was out of town in a nice lovely neighborhood that looked well kept yet pretty old. as if this was from the early 70's probably due to the old styling of the home and architecture.

it's as if i could hear my heart beat pump faster and my ear drums ring as i press my finger softly but steady onto the door bell.

retracting it back and towards my side i look around still admiring the view. hanging near the big door were beautiful pink and red tulip baskets on its hook.

towards the side was a cute pot plant and at the end began the endless amount of bushes mounted together in a nice pattern like a 'gate'.

even the house was as clean looking as amber.

as my eyes kept moving to each decor i was caught off guard when a sudden cough interrupted my thoughts and made me look back towards the front to see amber staring right at me.

her blonde hair was tied back into 2 french braids, baby hairs falling a bit from her face as she wore light makeup.

her attire was casual this time since yesterday from when i saw her at the shop as she wore a thin flowy blouse with white jeans and heels.

i'm guessing heels never leave her side.

"jane hello!" she smiles before opening the door wider as i give her the same smile back. "hi" i mutter nervously before i see her gesturing me to enter.

taking that as a note to do so i let my feet hit the now marble floors before gawking at the beautiful home she had.

my ripped jeans and sweater made me feel like utter crap as i look around her exquisite home.

everything was white or crème colored with plants everywhere and picture frames holding upon the white walls or standing on glass tables.

she loves plants.

as i hear the door shut i see her walk towards me before placing her well manicured hand on my shoulder, making me want to already chop my chipped colored nails off.

"let's get this started with. i will notify you that my husband won't be home till a little later due to attending something that came up in his office."

i nod understanding before waiting for her to finish up. "but you will get to meet chloe in a few" she ends it with a small tap before she walks ahead making me follow her tracks.