16

...
JANE

"i'm about to think that you taking me on a date and now for coffee is just you admitting your undeniable love for me" i taunt alejandro sipping onto my coffee carefully as he chuckles pushing some strands of hair away from his face.

last night was beautiful. alejandro first had taken me to dinner. not at dominic's restaurant but instead to this really lovely downtown one that serves one of the BEST homemade spain classic foods there.

which i adored.

afterwards we went to see the firework art show which left me with my jaw dropped. beautiful fireworks of many colors up in the air in different shapes and sizes. my favorite probably had to be the multiple hearts that exploded and the small couple one.

honestly the whole night was magnificent. we ended up back at the hotel at around 1 am and not even a few hours later at 7, alejandro had texted me he was down in the main lobby for some coffee.

"well would that be an issue then cariño?" [dear] i shake my head letting my earrings touch the nape of my neck before finishing the last drops of my coffee and placing the cup down.

"not one bit." i smile enjoying his presence. we both finished up with our drinks as alejandro insisted on paying even though i told him i didn't mind paying for my own stuff.

as we went ahead back towards the hotel we started some small talk halfway through. "when are you leaving back to your place?" he questions stopping now in-front of the hotel doors making me now stay next to him.

"in like 1 or 2 more days." alejandro nods before grabbing my hand unexpectedly making me look up and into his eyes. "let's hang on your last day. i care for you a lot jane and i know it'll be the last time we see us but i'll always be your friend."

i smile at him sweetly as i nod not wanting to tear up at him. to anyone around us, they would think that i was being friend zoned right now but in reality we both just liked what we gained from the last few days.

we were just friends.

i pull him closer taking him in for a hug as i breathe in the soft scent of lavender he wore today. "thank you alejandro. seriously." he nods patting down the back of my head gently before pulling away and smiling down at me.

"call me whenever" with one last nod he waves me goodbye before crossing down the street now letting his form fade away into the busy streets of spain.

i smile as i turn back around to enter back into the hotel. letting the elevators open up i head inside before soon getting jumpy as dominic rushes inside with me before closing it.

i roll my eyes as i look down not daring to look at him nor make a conversation. even after yesterday and our slight comfort between eachother it was still very much awkward.

"you weren't in your room earlier." he states looking at me from the corner of my eyes i can tell he was waiting for my response.

letting my head up high to now stare at him right back i nod. "yeah just went to grab coffee with alejandro" i smile making him hum at my response.

"both getting very close aren't you" "he's just my friend. i have no interest in him whatsoever." i didn't know why i was telling him this. as if i needed to justify my actions with alejandro.

the elevator got quite once again as i let my eyes drag upon his body before stopping on his neck.

blotches of purple and red marked along the side of his neck as well as on the bottom of his adam's apple making me feel like the world around me had stopped for a moment.

for some odd reason the sight of dominic's hickeys made my heart break just like a few years ago.

dominic looks at me, realizing what my eyes were seeing before placing his hand on the collar of his shirt and pushing it upwards.

"jane." he spoke making the elevator ding indicating we were now on our floor. "not my business not my problem dominic."

i croak out feeling my words sting my own self as my eyes started to water up before heading out of there once the doors opened up.

he has a damn wife and i'm over here crying because of the aftermath of something they both did together. i shouldn't even be feeling this way so why am i acting like it.

why do i care and why does it hurt so much.

opening up my hotel room and slamming the door shut i place my back on the door before letting a sigh out soon placing my hands up to cover my face while furiously wiping my eyes so no tears would fall down.

i don't care.

i don't.

care.

do i?

DOMINIC

today was finally the day that amber, chloe, jane, and i were finally heading back to new york. i could say that my time here in spain was delightful and better knowing i had finished up some work here.

when in reality it felt like a nightmare i've been trapped in for a whole week.

after having mind-blowing sex with amber she hasn't stepped away from me ever since. she was like a plague on me that couldn't get away even if i needed just a few moments of peacefulness and a fresh of breath air for myself.

as for jane... let's just say she hasn't spoken a word to me ever since she had seen the hickeys amber had planted on my neck like a mad woman.

a part of me didn't understand why she was so hurt by the view when she's seen worse or knew that i wasn't with her. then again half of me didn't want her to be hurt because of me again.

i wanted her safe and happy and to know that she's not mad about me in anyway. i wanted to care about her opinion and what she mattered the most about.

looking up from my phone, still feeling the heavy weight of ambers head on my shoulder i let my eyes wander towards jane who was reading a book on her seat.

not minding the slight shakiness of the jet.

i wanted to go over there and talk to her. clear the tension around us. one moment we have a good conversation and a good time, another moment we are bickering like our old selfs.

i didn't want that. i didn't want it at all.