22

...
JANE

i groan feeling the metal of the table behind me hit my back before soon gasping near dominic's lips as he lifts me up and placed me over the table with his hands gripping onto my thighs.

his nails slightly dig over the material of my jeans probably making small crescents appear below onto my skin as i tilt my head back feeling him now pepper kisses along my neck.

"dom.." i lick my lips taking away the feeling of them being dry as my throat felt scratchy. "hm baby" he mutters onto my skin still kissing my neck and leaning himself more towards me.

"we— we're getting too far." my hands lift up towards the back of his head, letting my fingers swirl between each hair strand of his.

at the instant feeling of my fingers in his hair, he pulls back to meet my face as he sighs letting a hand rise up towards my cheek momentarily.

"you have amber now and this feels wrong. this IS wrong. you're not with me anymore this isn't jane and dominic anymore." dominic licks his lips not daring to look away from my eyes as his free hand still stayed upon my thigh.

"it's amber and dominic now." "and THAT is the problem" he spoke without a stutter catching me off guard as he sighs.

"jane i spent 2 whole years thinking about you since the day we parted ways. 2 whole fucking years of wanting you back. 2 whole years of waiting for me to lift myself up to find you again without a care in the world."

the grip of his hands on my thigh made it hard for me to move as he hold me down onto the table.

"yet you didn't." he nods "i didn't and for fuck sake i wish i did because i realized that i had lost such a precious person to me. the person i care for the most."

there it goes again. care.

i've never heard him say out loud that he has ever loved me even if i wanted to hear those 3 simple words spew out of his mouth and past his lips.

"and amber?" with a raise of my brow dominic pulls away letting the sound of his bracelets slither down his wrists again.

"nothing about her." dominic's change in demeanor could easily be seen as he pokes his tongue against his cheek before going back to the boxes of produce on the side of the table.

"dom." "forget everything jane okay. don't ask me about amber right now. alright?" he waves his hand in-front of him making me bite the inside of my cheek.

whether i liked it or not, his old self would never leave. and right now it was fully showcasing how childish and arrogant he was.

pushing my shirt down i hop off of the table before tying my hair back with my hair tie and slamming my hands down onto the table to catch his attention.

"i'm leaving"

as i turn around i soon feel his grip on my wrist to face him back as he opens his mouth. "what— you're not going to help me?"

i felt myself fighting the urge to laugh out a bitter laugh before pulling myself away from him furiously.

"ask your damn wife for some help then russo" and with the words being left hanging in the air i push the kitchen doors open soon heading out of his restaurant.

anger bubbling in me and tears threatening to fall.

dominic - 1 jane - 1

-

texts and calls bombarded my phone like an emergency after the issue with dominic last night at his restaurant.

at first the texts were just full of worries then it turned into angry texts and slowly faded to worry back again with regret.

jane please call me or text me back asap!

call me please.

it's late for you to be walking jane. call me

for fuck sake jane stop being such a fucking child!

it's not hard to contact back with me god

you're being a fucking moron right now

JANE!

gosh.

please get home safe preciosa i mean it

i'm sorry.

the more the texts came in and had been received by me the more i tried and fought to text back. give in to the urge to him and let me down easily.

my feet curled in between the white sheets of my bed as i hugged my knees and stared at my blank dark tv; the evening light reflecting upon the screen to make my shadow pop up over it.

as the room was quiet with only my shallow like breaths pausing and going, i suddenly hear my door being knocked catching me off guard.

"god. please." i whisper to myself as i stood up and away from my bed soon heading off and down the hall towards the door.

as i unlock it soon sliding the lock towards my left i open it up revealing amber with a bright smile on her face soon widening her arms and engulfing me in a hug catching me off guard.

"uh?" i hear her mutter something before pulling back and fixing her blonde hair. "sorry sorry! i just—i need your help with something and i decided to find your place to talk to you"

biting the corner of her lips with a small hopeful glim in her eyes i only nod, not knowing what to say before letting her in to help herself in my living room.

please don't get me caught...