21

...
JANE

once i slide the texts open, i inaudibly gasp at the sight of the texts. it wasn't anyone who i had saved. nor was planning to save in the first place.

jane, it's dominic. look i just wanted to text you because i know how you are and you probably didn't save my number like amber told you to from the start.

but that's not what i'm texting you for. i wanted to know if you're free later around 6. i need help with something for my restaurant and wanted to see if you'd like to come with.

at the invite i furrow my brows before wiggling my finger around my keyboard thinking about what to say.

can't amber go with you?

she's going to be there. she just needs to stay for awhile but i wanted to see if you'd like a mini tour of the place since back in spain you told me you could never go in due to how expensive it was.

biting the inner corner of my lip thoughtfully i suddenly get startled by vincent coming near me and slamming the now fully broken broom onto the back of the desk.

as i shut my phone off leaving dominic on read i look up towards vincent as he huffs. "i swear to god i will hurt one of these crackheads if they keep breaking in to keep messing with the cleaning products!"

i laugh at his reaction as he wipes some sweat away from his forehead.

he points towards my phone before leaning onto the desk. "who you texting kid." "no one." raising an eyebrow i groan turning the chair around 360 before facing him again.

"fine it was dominic." vincent rolls his eyes at the name before kicking the broomstick away from his feet. "what does the man want." "he wants to show me his restaurant"

vincent glares at me as i wave my hands up. "WITH his wife amber." i could sense vincent start to loosen up as i mention that amber was going to be there.

"you should go. maybe steal some food for us tomorrow." right it was going to be a monday...

i giggle at him before nodding as he tells me he's heading off to the bathroom. while vincent turns around and walks off towards the bathrooms, i grab my phone and unlock it real quick back towards dominic's text.

fine sure.

okay good. :) i can pick you up at 6:15 if you don't mind

i don't mind.

alright then. i'll see you soon jane

see you soon dominic

-

"you know i could have gotten the subway towards manhattan and meet you near your restaurant." i argue towards dominic who snickers before placing his car on park in-front of his restaurant.

"i would much rather pick you up then for you to get hurt" "i would never" he turns his head, drumming his fingers onto the steering wheel as i sigh with a slight nod agreeing with him.

considering the fact that the crime rates now in new york were double the insanity than before— he was in the right here.

turning around we both open our doors before stepping out into the slightly chilly evening of new york.

as my eyes drag towards the designs on his restaurant and the entrance which was close, dominic comes towards my side before he jiggles his keys in his hands.

"ready?" humming, he turns back around and walks up towards the doors before unlocking it to finally be met with the slightly coldness of inside and the pitch dark.

"dom it's way too dark in here." "hold on" without a second to spare im suddenly seeing light again as my mouth parts open while i hear dominic close the restaurant doors again behind us.

this place was more elegant than what i've seen on the newspapers or online ads.

as i walk deeper into the restaurant my eyes scan the place from side to side in amazement. beautiful red decor layering on the walls with fancy chandeliers up on the ceiling and gold outline the red decor beautifully.

"you like?" dominic blurts out making me turn around to face him with a slight nod. "this looks amazing wow" "just wait till you taste the food some day" he points towards the kitchen soon walking pass me as i follow behind him.

"so why are we here?" i push past the kitchen doors being met with the lighting of the kitchen. everything was spotless i could probably look at the metal dishwashers and see my face perfectly.

looking at the long metal tables i go ahead and touch the corner before meeting eyes with dominic who pulls out a large box and places it next to me.

"we're here because i need help deciding what produce i should save up and what i should pack up again and take to donate. i accidentally bought more produce than normal that i don't need for the restaurant."

dominic spoke opening up the box and immediately letting the smell of fresh fruits and vegetables hit my nose making me sigh and tap onto the edge of the table.

"and amber?" "what about her?" he asks placing a few corn crops on the table next to my hand making my head tilt to the side and my brows furrow together.

"you said she was going to be here?" finishing off i see him tense up soon stopping his action of placing more products on the table and clenching onto the box flap.

soon realizing what was happening, i chuckle out of nowhere before standing up straighter and facing him completely. "you lied" he sighs letting his head fall down before looking at me again.

"i had to or you wouldn't have came." he's an idiot.

"well no shit sherlock. it would be weird for the babysitter to be here with her boss' husband at night in his restaurant alone."

suddenly dominic bursts out laughing and claps his hands momentarily catching me off guard. "says the same babysitter who kissed me in the jet and kissed me AGAIN in her own bed."

my mouth falls open at his words as i felt my hand turn into a fist and my knuckles turn a shade of white. "YOU kissed me first." "YOU followed along"

at this moment we both were slowly shouting at one another as i close up near him. "you're an ass if you think bringing that up was going to help you in your favor." dominic rolls his eyes.

"don't be such a bitch jane" "dick." "idiot." the kitchen got quiet as we were now inches away from eachother. "i hate you." i blurt out as he looks me from head to toe.

"i hate you more"

without a second to spare the moment felt like it had flashed upon our eyes as before we knew it we were both kissing eachother letting our hands rummage through our clothes.

this wasn't going to end good.