EPILOGUE

...
JANE

some mistakes are made.

my mistake was thinking that after what he had done he would stay. stay for me. stay for us. but after leaving me there alone... i knew that wasn't the case.

after the situation with dominic and amber a few years back we were perfectly fine. it felt like a dream. the memory of us turned into a bad dream from one moment to another.

it went back to when we were in high school. old dominic lashes out again. it was the same over and over again. the constant bickering and arguments. the sex. the 'love'. but most importantly the lying. the cheating and the mistakes.

i'm now almost in my 30's. we lasted. but it still ended horribly. knowing how it ended was worse because he gave me an answer before anything this time.

which only tore my heart even more into pieces.

"DOMINIC" i shout seeing his clothes gone. he wasn't there anymore. there was no trace of him left in the house as i felt my chest tighten and my heart beat so loud it could probably be heard from a mile away.

before i could run towards the bathroom to probably throw up the remains of my lunch beforehand, i hear the door bust open making me turn around only to see vincent standing there breathless.

his eyes were bloodshot red as he breathed out hysterically. he didn't look too good and from the looks of it and the way he opened his mouth to speak the next words— it didn't sound good either.

"what do you mean he's gone..."

vincent rubs his forehead before handing me a crinkled up piece of paper from out of his pocket and his phone. as he hands me the paper i immediately open it up revealing dominic's words.

[ to my jane. my beautiful beautiful jane. i know that we've had our differences. our ups and downs. and i know i've hurt you. but i do want you to know i've never intended to. we weren't good for one another and i kept going back for more of you. even after we both graduated and parted ways i still found the way to see you even without you knowing. i've always cared for you. always. but again i wasn't good for you. when we got together again after everything with amber i felt free. because i had you again, but that didn't mean history wouldn't repeat itself again with us.

i'm sorry. so sorry jane. i never intended to be like this with you. especially always coming back once you've been okay without me. jane— i was diagnosed after graduation with EB. epidermolysis bullosa also known as the butterfly disease. it is a gene mutation that causes my skin to be super fragile. normally it's a rare chance to get it once you've grown but unfortunately i'm one of those people who had it. i've never told you this because i was afraid you would look at me differently. even after you would see me with small blisters and lines around my skin or mouth i knew i should've told you and yet i didn't.

some people don't develop symptoms until they're teens or young adults. epidermolysis bullosa has no cure, but mild forms may improve with age and again unfortunately mines kept on getting worse. i hate that you have to find this out by reading this but i'm so sorry jane. baby if you're reading this... it's because i'm not here with you anymore.

the symptoms had gotten so bad that there wasn't a chance of me being cured. the disease brings with it complications related to infections and it did with me.

and jane. please forgive me for everything amor. i should've told you earlier and i've should've treated you better my love.

i love you mi mariposa. i love you so much. always and forever.

truly, your dom ]

he told me he loves me. all of this and he told me he loved me NOW. i slowly let the paper fall out of my hands as i look up at vincent who already has his arms wide open for me to take myself in.

soon enough i feel the waterworks come in as my knees buckled and i fall onto vincent, gripping onto his shirt crying my heart out.
what felt like forever of me crying in his arms made me realize everything between both dominic and i.

it felt as if the butterflies that were on my wrist were burning into my skin after reading the note.

my butterfly.

"i'm so sorry jane." patricia softly spoke making me roll up the sleeves of my sweater as a small single tear rolls down my cheek making me wipe it away quickly while now looking at her.

"it's fine. but now he's not coming back to me anymore..." i mutter earning a soft gaze to form on her face as i sit up straighter into my seat.

"would you like a bit of time for yourself right now? maybe even a cup of cold water?" she asks earning a nod from me as she smiles wholeheartedly now standing up and heading off, shutting the door behind her.

once she leaves now letting me sit there alone in the room i look towards my right outside the window to see the blue sky start to turn grey. i love when it is about to rain. it's calming to me. refreshing even.

smiling to myself a bit, i press the tip of my finger over the glass as if i was trying to touch one of the clouds passing by slowly. "i love you dom.." i whisper with my finger still pressed upon the glass as i look higher up the sky.

"i love you my angel."

THE END

before anyone asks this story was mostly meant to be shown the toxicity side of everyone's first loves. how it feels. some parts in this story is based off of real life experience and events (based off of someone i knew! no it's not about me nor my personal life!) . so i just wanted to clarify that. i also wanted you guys to know that this book from the beginning was just jane telling her story to patricia. that's why in the first chapter she describes how love felt/feels to her. as well as her experience with dominic all the way til the end as her first love. she was just retelling her story from her perspective. i hope this story was served well and i hope you guys enjoyed the book. thank you all for the love and support 🤍. i'm excited to show you guys what else i have in store for you all.