09

...
DOMINIC

"will you stop that" i grip onto the steering wheel as i look for a moment towards jane who kept shaking her left leg back and forth. she kisses her teeth, stopping her movements before she kept staring out the window of my car.

ever since she entered as we drove off she hasn't spoken one word to me at all. whether it was a 'how are you' or 'i like your interior' or just something as simple as 'what song is playing' from the background music playing on the radio.

she hasn't spoke. her lips were sealed shut and her eyes were stuck out towards the window.

with a sigh i look at her subtly before concentrating back onto the road. "excited for spain?" i broke the silence earning me a quick look from her before a shrug followed along.

"i guess so. i mean free vacation i guess" i nod at her words. this time she straightened her legs letting me look down at the sudden motion to see her change of clothes.

her long legs came to my slight view as the reflection from the sun setting laid upon the soft color of her skin making me lick my lips and look back up.

i feel my adam's apple bob up and down as i shut my eyes for a moment before keeping quiet at my running thoughts before turning right to come to view with the airport.

hearing jane mutter a 'finally' under her breath made my heart sink as i knew she doesn't want to spend one more minute with me alone. i don't hate her for it but ever since she came back into my life i just wanted one peaceful moment with her.

just one moment.

before we knew it the jet came to view and amber was there talking to the pilot already waiting for us both.

JANE

sitting myself in one of the private jets seats i look to the side to see chloe bundled up in some thin sheets while her head was leaned upon the window with a small pillow below her for support.

it felt nice to finally feel like i had gained oxygen back in my lungs because being in the same car with dominic for 25 minutes was killing me.

especially when we had nothing to talk about at all.

at the thought of dominic i look forward to see his seat facing mines while amber had her head on his shoulder and her hands on his thighs.

the wedding ring on her fingers shined a bit with each twist she made of it making my face slightly scrunch up and look up to catch dominic looking at me now.

his face was solid like a stone with no emotion at all as he made contact with me. i could notice he was getting tired of this flight as he yawned soon afterwards and looked down wrapping an arm around amber; in which she snuggled closer towards him and placed her lips upon his chest and over his heart.

i could feel my fingers stretching over the cup holders of my seat before i shift positions in my seat and looked out the window to see the multiple clouds fade away with time passing.

soon enough i felt my eyes grow heavy before seeing black now surround me. i had fallen into a deep slumber.

-

i could feel dominic reach under my shirt, playfully pinching a bit at my bare skin as his lips came across and over my face like crazy making me burst into a fit of giggles with a smile.

my smile grew wider as i open my eyes to see him smiling down at me before kissing my cheekbone and the tip of my nose. "wake up preciosa. we have to head to class." he whispers kissing me again not letting me respond as he pulls back for me to sigh out loud.

"but i like it here" i raise my hands towards the soft sheets of his bed, feeling them, as he chuckles grabbing my hands into his own and kissing my palms.

his blue eyes stare right back at mines before softly running his thumb across the back of my hands still in his.

his face comes closer down towards mines before i feel his hot breath fan my face. "don't worry preciosa [precious]. no matter what this will be our safe place. your place. anytime and anywhere." he mutters making my heart flutter.

"with you?" he nods. "with me baby. always with me i promise."

sniffling i shake my head before feeling a hand collide with my shoulder soon startling me and waking me up.

i was dreaming.

dreaming about dominic.

amber looks at me with worry in her eyes as chloe hugged her doll while looking at me with a frown. on the other hand dominic wasn't around. actually he was no where in sight.

"are you okay?" amber slowly asks as i nod wiping the unknown tears that had fallen down my cheeks from the dream. she nods again slowly before standing up straight and looking out the window.

"i just wanted to tell you that we've already arrived." looking out the window i see the stars finally appear and the moon reflecting down below.

we were finally in spain.

i thank her soon standing up as chloe holds my hand in hers catching me a bit off guard. "you need a friend. i'm here" she smiles at me making my heart flutter and more tears blur my vision.

before i knew it we both walk out of the jet to see another car parked with our luggage being added in by dominic. amber was already in the car now on her phone before he looks up to meet me and chloe.

even though chloe ran up towards her dad to carry her inside his eyes were trained towards me and my red cheeks and nose.

his brows furrowed together as he bit the corner of his lip probably questioning why i was crying.

if only you knew...