08

...
JANE

as my feet messes around with chloe's own little feet on the floor of the living room i was suddenly stopped when i hear loud footsteps come across the hardwood floor.

snapping my head behind to be met with amber and dominic i dry swallow as they looked at the both of us. it's been a whole 2 weeks since i've been working as chloe's babysitter. don't get me wrong i love chloe but i hate being in the same place as her father.

especially when it means coming early for work just to see them both kissing like animals at the start of the day as they eat their faces off in-front of me.

definitely NOT a very pleasant sight to see.

"jane may we talk to you for a second out here" amber points towards the kitchen as i nod but fidget with the ring on my middle finger nervously.

standing up i glance down at chloe who pouts up at all of us. "i'll be back clo" she smiles at her nickname before nodding and going back to watching the tv screen that had barbie playing on it for the past few hours straight.

straightening my sweater i follow both dominic and amber into the kitchen before they halt in their stops making me stop as well to look at them.

"don't worry you're not in trouble" amber spoke softly making all the nervousness in my body fade away with a sigh.

dominic chuckles under his breath at my reaction catching me off guard at the sound before amber decided to speak again.

"we wanted to talk to you about something really important and wanted to know if you'd accept after we tell you" sitting down at the bar stool i nod without speaking another word.

amber follows my lead and sits across from me before dominic sits next to me letting his tall frame hover me like an ant. "both amber and i need to head out for a quick week business trip to spain for ambers meeting and for my restaurant."

he explains shifting his knees to touch mines as i freeze for a split second at the act. "since we didn't want chloe to miss us a lot we wanted to see if you'd like to come with us. everything would be paid and you'll just be there for chloe's sake."

sooooo basically a free vacation. i'm in.

"sure i don't mind. if i may ask, when will this be?" "tonight actually." amber cuts in making my eyes go wide at the date. i would've thought maybe next week, 2 days from now, maybe even tomorrow; but TONIGHT!?

"we know it's a sudden request but dom and i were talking about it earlier and realized how much chloe likes you and she'll do good having you there with her. also because we don't want her missing us too much." ambers blonde hair falls from her face making dominic push it behind her ears as i only zip my mouth shut.

i tried to think about the situation but was only clouded at the nickname she said to dominic and the gentle act he had given her a moment ago.

god damnit jane snap out of it.

feeling my throat now dry and scratchy i only give them a smile and stand up from the stool. "just send me the time and i can be ready by then." seeing amber clap her hands she stands up and quickly brings me to a hug.

"thank you jane really" i let out a small hum as my eyes soon drag up towards dominic who stared at me making my heart beat faster at the contact.

"it's nothing. i should get going then since you both are here" they both nod as i start grabbing my stuff to head out. "chlo i'll see you tonight actually." chloe runs up towards me to hug my leg making me smile.

the last few weeks that i've been spending with her has been lovely. she's such a sweet child.

"see you jj" she murmurs from her lips touching my jeans as she pulls back finally letting me head out of the house and into the afternoon air of new york.

please don't make me regret this.

-

amber had texted me that they would be picking me up around 7 to head towards their private jet. i thought i would have a good amount of time to pack my stuff but was soon rushing when vincent had told me a black bmw was outside for me.

running down the stairs i'm met with vincent who kept glaring at dominic who was on his phone leaning down onto the hood of his car.

before i could walk towards him, i feel vincent touch my shoulder to pull me back and hug me quickly. "be safe kid." he whispers into my ear as i nod gripping onto his shoulder for some support to back away and grab my luggage again.

once i was outside dominic looks up before placing his phone back into his pocket. he wore a simple black t-shirt letting his biceps come to view with a few small tattoos as he wore some jeans and simple shoes.

he was completely comfortable.

"where is amber?" i immediately ask about his wife as his face drops and he 'subtly' rolls his eyes. "are you always going to ask me about her when i'm here with you." he spoke grabbing my bag before placing it in the trunk and coming forward to face me again.

"isn't that what someone is supposed to do. ask a married man where his wife is?" if i'm being completely honest i was only trying to get on his last nerve. and from what i was seeing i was doing a good job.

"just get in the car jane" he mutters moving to his side before i open my door and sit inside ready for this day to end.