20

...
JANE

after what felt like hours in the shower contemplating if i should just sleep in here rather than face dominic, i went ahead and turned the water off slightly waving the hot water vapor around from my face.

as i slide the door open, i wrap the towel around me before realizing that my clothes were all out in my room meaning i had to go out in a towel.

shit.

with a sigh coming out and past my lips i walk out of the room slowly soon coming to view with dominic who laid on my bed while watching a tv show that aired on the screen right now.

he could sense i was in the room finally as he turned his head to look at me. "i'm sorry i have to change in here since i forgot my clothes. can you like—" he waves his hands before turning his head around and shutting his eyes.

"don't have to ask me twice. especially if you're not comfortable." feeling my heart warm i smile at his act before now dropping the towel onto the ground and picking up my clothes for the night.

once that was done i go ahead and lower my self on my bed next to dominic before tapping his shoulder and telling him i was done. his head snaps back towards me with his eyes now open before he gives me a smile. "you look even beautiful without makeup on."

he mutters turning back to face the tv screen finally having time to hide the immense blush on my cheeks that had been formed. "you shouldn't be saying stuff like that especially with a wife." "and i shouldn't have kissed you especially having a wife but look at what we had done."

i part my lips open surprised at his comeback as i furrow my brows a bit and deepen myself into my pillows. "plus amber and i.. we're in a difficult situation right now. so not everything is sunshine and rainbows in the russo home." he states still not daring to take his eyes off of the screen.

i nod slowly but tried to not butt into his worries and issues. "what happened?" blurting out i suddenly shut my lips and cover them with my hands knowing i probably shouldn't have asked.

before i knew it dominic had propped himself up on his shoulder and now stared at me very closely. feeling like he had left me with no air left.

"she's not happy with some of her work so she takes it out on me. i'm not happy with some of her decisions and choices so i take it out on her. it's a back and forth situation honestly." nodding he stares at me tipping his head to the side to hit the soft pillow.

"but what i said about you being beautiful isn't a lie." he blurts out ignoring the fact that we had talked about amber not even a few seconds ago.

"thanks" i mutter not really wanting to speak anymore. the silence that was here before he had came into my apartment, came back once again as we both just laid there on my bed staring at one another in pure and utter silence.

"how mad would you be if i kissed you?" he mutters cutting the silence as i stop thinking for a moment at his words. "10 out of 10" "good" he says before pulling himself closer towards me and placing his lips on mines.

in an instant my hands fly towards the back of his head letting my fingers place through his thick hair before matching his pace as i kiss him back.

everything about him is engraved into the smallest crevice of my heart, mind and soul, and i hate myself for that. for coming back and letting him slowly crawl back. even if i wanted to.

his kisses are slow and soft as he embraces me, holding my body as close to him as possible making me feel his body heat radiate towards mines. as my hands tangle along his dark strands of his hair i hear him moan into the kiss at the feeling making me sigh into it.

pulling back i come to see his lips now fully red as he licks them before placing a hand on the nape of my neck. "why do you always make me go crazy."

i breath out still thinking about the kiss as i shake my head. "i don't know" was the last thing i had said before dominic goes ahead and places one last kiss onto my lips.

after that he stands up from my bed leaving me onto my side with a rapidly beating heart and full lips as he tugs onto his shirt and stared at me.

"i'll see you later" with that he turns around and walks out of my room, heading out of my apartment making me go back to being alone.

what the hell just happened.

-

it's been 2 days since i've last had any contact with dominic and amber. they haven't told me to come back and care for chloe in a few considering the fact that it's still my 'free' time.

i didn't mind though. i needed a break and some time off to think. think about everything that has happened these past few days and these last few 24 hours with dominic.

we've kissed twice already in less than 24 hours and in each and every one of them he had started it.

he initiated the kiss. not me.

i slump my body deeper into vincent's desk chair as i watched him from afar cleaning up the front of the apartment with a half broken broom.

i smile at the sight of him muttering profanities under his breath due to the slight movement of the broken broom as i look down at my phone to see a few text messages popping up.

it had an unknown number written on it as i slide it open to see who it was.