27

...
JANE

"JANE!" chloe shouts running towards me as i open my arms wide and instantly pick her up to place her on my hip. "hey there kiddo" she gives me her infamous toothy smile making me hug her tighter.

"hi jane" looking up i see amber and dominic now standing in-front of us both. amber had her usual work attire on while dominic had a long white shirt on with the sleeves rolled up and some black slacks.

"hi" my answer was short and undoubtedly weird but there wasn't much to say. "we'll be back at different times but whoever comes first can just be okay with chloe." i nod at her words before seeing her turn to face dominic and give him a long kiss.

pulling back her blond hair is being pushed behind her shoulder by dominic as she smiles at him.

before i knew it the doors are being opened up as amber heads out letting the sound of her heels clicking fade away before dominic leans back a little to face me again.

"looking beautiful today jane" he smiles making me smile back and look the other way trying to disregard the compliment to the side. as he says his goodbyes to chloe who now dropped herself from my hip he finally pulls away and closes the door.

"jane! let's go to the pool today!" chloe jumps with her small fists pumping up towards the air making me laugh at her cuteness. "i don't have any swimsuits to wear munchkin"

chloe starts pushing her bottom lip forwards into a pout making me sigh and smooth her hair down with the palm of my hand. "maybe i can resolve something. alright?" she nods finally taking my hand in hers and running towards the backyard with me following behind.

this girl i swear to god.

-

"look jane!" chloe shouts splashing some water before making a fish face and swimming in a small circle as best as possible making me giggle.

"good one baby" i clap moving my feet up on the edge of the pool still feeling the water drip down from my hair and in between the crevices of my bra.

i tried my hardest to make chloe happy and to enjoy the pool so i simply just took my shirt off and stayed in my bra and shorts. the shorts had already soaked up a good part of the water but the bra was still very much damped.

"honestly, i think it's time for you to have some lunch and a quick break" i wrap my hands around my hair squeezing some more water out onto the tiles of the cement outside making her groan.

"but jane" she wines making me look at her attentively. "chloe-" "listen to here chloe and get out." i hear from my backside making me jump up to see dominic had came back.

chloe only nods sadly at her father before swimming little laps towards the edge to get out, letting the water fall down from her small princess bathing suit.

"get something that's made from the counter already princess" i mutter towards her before she walks inside of the house leaving dominic and i alone.

"didn't know it was pool day today" dominic spoke sitting down on one of the lounge chairs making me shrug and stand up letting my feet hit the cold cement. "she wanted to so i tried to make it good"

he nods looking down towards my chest before gesturing up and down. "is that why you're only in your bra" looking down i place both of my arms to cover my chest with a nod.

"didn't have a bikini so i just made a quick decision. that's all." licking his bottom lip he kept it quiet making me walk around him to grab the towel i had placed beforehand.

wrapping it around my chest soon feeling my wet hair brush past my shoulders i feel myself suddenly hot as i feel a gentle kiss being placed over my shoulder blade.

"beautiful" "dominic." he pushes himself away making me finally turn around to face him again.
"what i'm not lying" scoffing i tighten the towel even more around my body.

"you have to learn to keep your lips and hands to your own self you know" he pokes the inside of his cheek with his tongue before putting his hands back onto his side. "i do. i keep it to me and especially for my wife-"

at the mention of amber i stop thinking for a moment before glaring at him. "wait jane i didn't mean—" "she's your wife. i get it there is nothing to explain you both are obviously going to be touching all up on one another."

dominic stops talking leaving me to turn around and walk back into the house.

"jane" i hear him call out but before i had the chance to tell him off and to leave me alone, chloe runs towards my side stopping him from coming near me even more.

"i'm ready now!" she jumps with a smile making me look at her dad before going back to looking down at her. "i'm sorry baby but i have to leave now since your dad is already here. maybe he can take you to the pool after i leave"

she nods before hugging my leg as i grab my shirt i had left on the counter near us and put it on myself.
"jane" placing my shoes back on i turn to face dominic with a tight lip smile now on my face.

"have a nice day mr. russo, bye chloe" and without another word to spare i open the front door soon heading off.