28

...
JANE

"i'm scared dom" i look down feeling the random man infront of me start to clean the needles and equipment next to him on the tray. dominic kisses my still bare wrist before meeting eyes with me.

"you're going to be fine mi amor i promise." gulping down a bundle of nerves he kisses my forehead gently soon taking my free hand and holding it tightly.

"i love you" i whisper up towards him feeling my wrist being in hold with the tattoo artists now about to start the process.
he nods, not saying another word with a lick of his lips, before rubbing his thumb over the palm of my hand.

his butterfly.

pushing away the plate still having some leftover spaghetti over top i hear my phone ringing making my head snap to the side to see dominic calling me.
scoffing i grab my phone soon sliding it open to pick up.

"what." hearing shuffles coming from the other line i raise a brow before hearing his voice come to me. "open the door" without having time to spare, the call ends making me take it off of my ear and look back towards the front door.

he wasn't really here... was he?

as i push the chair out and hop off, i walk towards my door soon opening it up to reveal dominic looking straight ahead towards me.

"jane" "really dominic" i groan walking back to my seat to leave him walking inside by himself before hearing the door shut and his footsteps follow along to where i was.

"look i'm sorry for what i said earlier about amber" laughing at him i look up not even touching my plate of food again and fully being into the conversation now. "you're STILL thinking about that? shit dominic literally let it go."

i see him rub his temples before shaking his head. "i can't because i know i hurt you with what i said" i stood up now in-front of him as i clap both of my hands together.

"see that's the issue with you 'hurting me' dominic." i tilt my head to focus my sight on him more as he never once takes his eyes off of me. "you say some stupid shit and then try to find a way to fix it even if you know YOU CAN'T."

he tucks his hands deeper into his jean pockets not daring to move. i was so close to his face that he could probably smell the garlic scent from the pasta not even few minutes before he had arrived.

"but this time— here's the catch" now moving to his left side he follows my act now moving with me as well. "you're married" i fake gasp making him roll his eyes at the obvious.

"and i'm not apart of your life till now. so here's another obvious thing sherlock, i'm not yours. you're cheating on your wife. you act like you care for me but then act like the funny jokester who think it's cool to say some out of pocket commentary to the person who still cares for him."

"you care for me still." he breaths out making me slap my hands on my side and groan. "out of everything i said you HEARD THAT only. you're so fucking—"

grabbing the sides of my face i feel him pull me closer towards him before placing his lips on mines. once touching his lips i instantly melt into his own, feeling his hands lower to the nape of my neck and push me away.

"you talk a lot. it's cute." whispering it near my lips i shut my eyes momentarily before pulling back away from him. "when are you going to stop acting like you care for me. you keep kissing me and then go ahead and probably make love to amber hours later. i'm not a side chick dominic. i'm either the first or the last but never the side."

titling his head with his tongue soon poking inside his cheek he starts walking towards me, making me start walking back away each time.

"and when will you stop thinking i don't care." "dominic." "and when will you know that i care for you in reality." he interrupts still walking towards me as i try my best to not trip and fall down now.

"and for the love of god when will you realize you will ALWAYS be the first. when will YOU realize that i want YOU jane. not amber. not any other person in this fucking world. YOU. i always want you. no matter when it is or where we are, it will always be you."

finalizing his sentence i feel the back of my sofa hit the arch of my back making my hands fly towards the top to hold myself up.

i was speechless and didn't know what else to say. should i believe him? should i let him go and forget this ever happened? i felt myself leaning back as dominic grabs my hand to pull me forward again.

"you and i." he whispers once more before pulling me to a hug making me feel his warmth. i was completely silent as i felt my hands fighting the urge to touch his abdomen and push him away from me again.

"you're lying." he shakes his head as my eyes still looked straight ahead. "i'm not." he blurts not speaking another word as his hand traces from my neck and slowly towards the arch of my back.

shivering a bit i push back to look at him as i still feel his hands wrapped around me.

"i can't do this anymore dom." feeling my eyes water i look up and finally push him away from me as i fix my shirt and wipe my eyes quickly.

"jane..." i shake my head hearing his voice come out so soothing and so calm. honey like to be exact as i look back into his eyes. the eyes of the man i once loved.

the eyes of the man i still do love unfortunately.

"please leave." i gesture towards the door as he stayed still not moving. ignoring his intense gaze, i try walking past him before i feel him take me back soon placing his lips back on mines.

all. over. again.