31

...
DOMINIC

"what happened to us!?" "was it me?" "i can fix myself if that's what's going on i swear dom i can fix myself if it's me."

amber repeats those sentences making me sigh as i rub my forehead looking at her sensitive state. tears running down her pale skin. eyes bloodshot red way too early in the morning. hair disheveled and lips quivering with every word.

i hate doing this to her. i hate it.

"it's nothing to do with you amber—" "where's your ring." she states finally looking at the empty finger that once carried the shiny wedding band over it.

i swallowed a big lump growing in my throat as amber laughs sitting straighter onto the sofa.

"who is she." my eyes snap towards her again to face her as now she looks at me with fire in her eyes. the once vulnerable amber was now gone and replaced with a furious one.

biting down my bottom lip feeling a bit of my stubble, i tug out the wedding band from my pocket soon feeling some weight slightly be lifted from my shoulders before i place it in-front of us and over the coffee table.

her eyes dragging onto the band now onto the glass table and back to my own eyes. "who. is. she. dominic." i could see her biting the tip of her tongue as i felt the urge to vomit come around.

all this guilt finally started to hit me like a train once i slept with jane yesterday. once i felt her around me once more. once i could feel what we still had yesterday.

"jane." blurting her name out i look at amber to see her smile and stand up. confused by her reaction i'm soon realizing what's happening as her hand collided with my cheek onto a harsh slap letting my head snap to the right.

the burning sensation of the hit mixed with the itch and fired up feeling of her wedding ring marked into my cheek made some tears blur into my sight as i bite the inside of my cheek.

not daring to go and look back up towards amber i feel her hand touch my hair before making me look at her by force still with her hand wrapped around my hair.

i didn't mind though. i deserved it and every thing that was going to come after this. it was my fault. and my fault only.

amber doesn't say anything though. her eyes are now softening up as more tears fall from her eyes and drips down her cheeks still looking at me.

softly letting her hand go from my hair, she backs away before hugging her own self and wiping her eyes. "i'm going back up towards our room."

she mutters as i watch her silently not daring to speak. "i will go. i will grab your bags and pack them for you. i want you out of this house before 5. just go dominic."

licking her lips she shakes her head  as she looks down towards the wedding ring still on her finger. i watch carefully as she begins slipping it off her own finger and placing it near mines on the coffee table.

"i fucking knew it." with those last words hanging around us she turns around walking back up the staircase leaving me slump my shoulders down and my head to fall into my hands.

what have i done.

JANE

finishing up making my sandwich, i sigh seeing a bit of mayonnaise coating my thumb. "it's always a mess." i mutter to myself lifting my thumb towards my mouth and licking the condiment away.

humming soon grabbing my finished snack i hear the doorbell ring making me groan and look down at the sandwich in my hands. "guess i'll have to eat you later on" i still talk to myself as i place it back down over the plastic plate and walk towards the door.

as i lean towards the peephole i raise my brows seeing dominic standing there with two handbags filled up with stuff. i mean—i doubted he would've came back after what had happened but even if he did it's confusing to see him here with bags all of a sudden.

taking the lock off, i open the door up letting the breeze from outside swing at my face to see him looking at me already. "i called it off with amber." he blurts out entering my home as my jaw drops slamming the door behind us shut.

"YOU DID WHAT!?"

"dominic..." he takes his hands away from his face before placing them on my knees making me look down at the act and back towards him.

"can i stay here just for a few days please." i tense up as he pulls away from touching me. "it's just for a few days. i have another home upper east side but i need it to be ready for when i go since i haven't stayed there since..."

he stops gulping down as i turn my head lower to look at him. "since?" he sighs clicking his tongue. "since i met amber" he mutters only for me to nod as i lay back onto the sofa cushions with a loud sigh.

after dominic had came in and told me he left amber, he explained everything that happened. every detail and raw emotion that had happened between them both early in the day after he left my house.

i felt stupid for hurting their relationship but he only grabbed my face cupping it in his warm hands repeatedly telling me that it wasn't my fault but his. that it wasn't my fault and that they already had many issues to begin with.

i tried to convince myself that was true but i just couldn't. my head clouded with millions of thoughts running at once as i couldn't imagine how amber was feeling right now.

i hate home-wreckers and yet i became one.

i. am. one.

"yeah sure you can stay here till everything is ready" i muttered looking towards the dark tv screen as i see from the corner of my eye dominic give me a small smile before leaning towards me and kissing the corner of my mouth softly.

as he pulls back, he stands up wiping his hands onto his pants. "i'll just get my stuff ready upstairs" i nod as he kisses my head now before grabbing his bags and heading up the stairs with harsh steps.

once now alone i place my hands on my face before grabbing my phone and opening it up towards amber's contact. i need to talk to her.

feeling my hands begin to slightly shake i start to type down what i wanted to tell her.

is it possible if we can meet up?

waiting for her to type back i bite the inner corner of my cheek nervously soon seeing three bubbles form on the screen and her text coming through.

my place? at 6?

'my place?' hearing those words and not 'our home' stings a little with guilt. nodding as if she could see me i type back.

that would be lovely yeah

see you soon then.