24

...
DOMINIC

before i had the slight chance to even open jane's door she opens it herself and gets out of the car without a look coming my way.

i wasn't even supposed to come to this dinner meeting in the first place. i only came for amber and her line of work only for her to be 'busy' tonight and having jane come for her instead.

i hadn't talked to jane after the incident in the kitchen but that didn't mean i wanted to talk to her some more. only if she let me.

"you'll have to be with me the rest of the night whether you want to or not. you do know that right?" i whisper only for jane to hear as she nods still looking around the huge gathering there was around us.

multiple ambassadors hanged around the area with different clients and partners as we both walked in close to one another looking around.

before i had the chance to pull jane closer to find a seat, i'm stopped by a business partner of amber's engulfing me in a hug and pulling me back.

"dom! hello! i didn't think you would come" kio spoke tucking his hands back into his velvet suit as i give him a tight lip smile and nod. "only did it for amber but she isn't here so..."

i shrug soon seeing him take his eyes away from me and onto jane who looked back at him. "you must be?" "jane. i'm jane." she smiles holding her soft hand out for him to take a hold of.

one thing that jane was for sure able to do naturally was bring a smile out to other people due to her delicateness and kindness.

"you're the most attractive woman i've ever seen" kio spoke octaves lower than usual as he pushes her hand up and kisses the back of her palm.

earning a slight tint of pink to flush on jane's cheek.
i stayed still next to them both with my hands now balling into fists as i angle my head to the left and give kio a taunting smile.

"she's here for amber." "ahh i see then." kio didn't pay no mind whatsoever in my tone nor my smile as i discreetly rolled my eyes.

"actually... we have to go and find a seat so we must leave" i grab onto her hand making her eyes immediately go towards my act in confusion as kio only nods.

"figures." looking back at jane he 'bows' his head before blowing her a kiss. "hope to see you soon.. jane." with one last glimpse he turns around soon walking off towards the bar section.

"you know you could've told me we were heading off without grabbing me." i push myself away from her now rolling the sleeves of my suit a bit upwards.

"whatever let's just find somewhere to sit" and with that we started walking off as i still tried my best to ignore all the stares jane was receiving due to her dress.

JANE

to say this dinner meeting was boring was definitely an understatement of mines. it was horrendous.

the rest of the night was just filled with old men trying to hit on me and dominic leaving me alone sitting near our table like a little child to talk to others.

sipping onto my cocktail i looked down letting one of my legs touch my other one feeling the smoothness of my freshly shaved calves. i was sort of getting used to the dress and it's opening slits as i now sat still making sure to properly hide anything below it.

before i knew it, dominic walks back towards my seat and sits back down with another glass of vodka in hand. "you know you're driving. right" i raise my brow at him as he nods and sips on the strong drink.

"i know preciosa but that doesn't mean i can have one more before we go. plus i'm not drunk so we're good." i roll my eyes at his words before tapping my fingers onto my knee.

"you know— you look very beautiful tonight jane." dominic softly spoke placing the now empty glass towards the side before connecting both of his hands together and leaning a bit forward near me.

i dry swallow before nodding and muttering a soft almost inaudible 'thank you'. i soon begin to feel a soft yet prickly sensation on my knee replacing my fingers as i gasp looking up to see his hands now over my fingers.

"i'm serious. you're so breathtaking tonight amor. so stunning. so..." he takes a moment to visibly collect his thoughts before looking into my eyes and licking the corner of his lips.

"so gorgeous."

i felt the urge to smile come alive as i try to fight it. the feeling of butterflies swarming in my stomach arose as i shift in my seat. "i think the vodka is kicking" "even if it was i'm not lying and never will"

a small strand of hair falls near my eye as i move it away to look at him more clearly. "you lied about loving me though." the music from earlier had switched as many others started to move around to dance on the dance floor while others found more spots to sit and have a chat.

"jane.." i stand up letting the dress fall back down my legs as i wipe my hands onto the fabric. "let's just head off. take me home please." i beg as dominic only fists his hands with a nod before standing up next to me.

i didn't know where we were going with this. if he actually liked me again or just liked to torture me.

either way i knew it couldn't happen. even if i wanted it to happen.