12

...
DOMINIC

"excuse me." i spoke interrupting whatever chloe said as alejandro stared at me wide eyed before nodding his head. "sorry for that sir—" i interrupt him while twisting my wedding band around my finger.

"do you guys know each-other?" i ask trying to sound calm and collected but failing as i glared at both jane and alejandro back and forth with a bite of my tongue to not speak further.

i could see jane nervously putting her head down before alejandro places his note pad in his pocket with a smile. "actually we met today at the park. at this point we must be soulmates by how we met again" he jokes making a tint of red rise up on jane's cheeks making my jaw clenched.

"get us a new waiter" at the mention of my command alejandro's eyes go wide and his smile falters down. jane now looks at me weirdly as he coughs before nodding and backing up from the table.

amber touched my thighs as chloe outlines the small details of the table with her pinky. "i think you were too harsh dom. they were just all good" she mutters for jane not to hear making me scoff and roll my eyes.

she kisses her teeth soon leaving her hand away from my thigh as i look back towards jane who shakes her head. "he was being a good company." laughing, i shake my head and quickly take a sip of my whiskey.

"he was clearly flirting jane." "and that matters to you because?" her eyebrows raise as my nostrils flared. amber hadn't caught on to our behavior but i knew why she responded the way she did because of what i had done.

this wasn't more of a "i'm your boss and want the best for my employee" this was more of a "if he touches or glares at you again i'll cut his fingers and scoop his eyes out. even if we're not something" type.

the jealousy bubbling up in me was not containable as jane rolls her eyes at me before finalizing the conversation with her going on her phone.

before we knew it a new waiter came back to take our orders. when it was time for jane to tell her order she only ordered a water and some pull bread making me frown at the lost of her appetite.

JANE

"i'll order a cab i have to do something first." amber nods following in the car with a sleepy chloe in her arms as dominic stares at me before going towards the other side and entering in. soon enough starting the engine and leaving me on the sidewalk.

as i turn on my heel to be faced with the restaurant again i enter back inside to be met with the warm air as i look around to try to find alejandro.

"looking for me?" spinning around im met with alejandro who wipes his hands onto the small white towel over his shoulder with a small smile playing on his lips. "yeah. i- i just wanted to say sorry for my boss. he's just... a dick."

he laughs making me smile at the sound of his laughter booming around me before he waves his hand in the air. "it's fine really. i'm used to mr. russo being like that."

"mr. russo?" i question as he nods back. "yeah. he's my boss too so don't worry." my lips part surprisingly as he could tell my confused look forming on my face.

"he owns the restaurant bella" [beautiful] internally slapping myself on the forehead as i realized my mistake.

he chuckles before grabbing my hand making my knees weak at the act and the softness of his big hands with mines. "actually... this may be off topic but you looked stunning tonight." he compliments making me gawk over him.

the accent. the hair. the work fit.

this man was fine.

"you saw me about 3 hours ago alejandro" i joke as he responds with a simple shrug. "anything can happen in those hours bella."

at the pet name i blush once more making him smile as he caught me. as i pull my hands back i flatten my dress down nervously before looking back at him.

"i should get going. it's getting late and amber and dominic have another work meeting to go to which means i have to wake up earlier for chloe."

he nods before i bid my last goodbyes following behind him before coming out of the restaurant, letting an unknown breath of air leave my body.

this was definitely a night.

before i knew it i was waving my hands and calling out for a cab. ready to go back to my hotel room and take a long deep slumber.

-

"what." i murmur underneath my white sheets as another knock repeats itself on my hotel room door making me groan. opening my eyes slightly due to the natural sunlight coming from the windows i grab my phone to check it was 8am already.

it was probably the housekeeper wanting to get their job down earlier today than normal.

waiting for a few more seconds i stretch a little feeling my body crack the air bubbles making me let out a sigh of relief before standing up and placing my feet on the cold floor.

as i look down towards my attire i realized i only had on my laced panties and an oversized shirt. i shrug not really seeing the problem due to nothing being publicly revealed as i stood up and walked out towards the door.

before i could process everything, i open the door soon yelling as dominic entered inside with chloe behind him.

i felt as if my heart leaped out of my body as i closed the door and turned towards them both. chloe was now jogging towards the big windows to see the view from over top as dominic looked at me from head to toe making me feel even more naked.

my hands go down to press my shirt more on my body as i scoff at him. "the hell are you doing here!?" i whisper-shout making sure chloe couldn't hear me as dominic walked towards the kitchen making me follow behind him.

as he turns around, he opens the fridge still peeping his eyes from above the refrigerator door due to his height. "amber left for another meeting and i don't have to go anywhere. plus chloe wanted to see you and i couldn't say no"

he shrugs now rummaging through the hotel food items placed inside.

"then leave so i can be here with her" he chuckles closing the door and leaning against the marble countertops as he looked at me. "i rather be here with my daughter."

groaning i look behind to see chloe now counting well... trying to count the amount of clouds in the bright blue sky making me look at her in adoration.

"fine you can be here but i need to get ready first." with that i turn around still pressing my shirt towards my body before running towards my room to get ready.

feeling hot and embarrassed at my attire.

i should've worn a robe.