14

...
JANE

"you cheated!" i shout making chloe and dominic laugh out loud as i walk out the elevators of the hotel with them behind me.

"nooo we played fair you're just a sore loser." chloe covers her mouth at her fathers comment as i turn around and fake a gasp. the whole day we've been chilling outside and hanging around.

while chloe played in the park both dominic and i played a few mindless games to pass the time. at that moment it didn't even feel like we were in public. it felt like it was only dom and i.

shaking my head soon playfully rolling my eyes we start walking ahead towards the hall before stopping to see amber pinning the sides of her hair behind her ears.

"you all are back" she smiles coming close to dominic before kissing him on his lips making his eyes meets mines for a second before kissing her back.

i bite the inside of my cheek finally letting reality hit me like a lightning bolt as she pulls back and rubs chloe's head with a giggle.

"jane i was thinking maybe you should have the rest of the night off and tomorrow." amber turns to face me as i tilt my head for a moment and raise my brows.

"i have free tomorrow and would like to spend it with my family." i nod understanding her point as dominic shifts on both of his feet uneasy. "uh sure. thank you"

she waves her hand to me in the air before grabbing dominic's and turning him back around towards their room, leaving me standing there in the hall alone.

with a sigh i unlock my hotel room before walking inside being met with the silence. pure and utter silence. i take my shoes off placing them near the door before heading towards the kitchen with my phone now in my hands.

sometimes i loved feeling alone. living alone and living my life without a care in the world. other times i wished i had someone with me.

this whole adult life and living it by yourself would always make you feel lonely every once in awhile. it's just... sad. as i open the refrigerator being met with several bottles of water and the light of inside hit my face making my eyes wince, i hear my phone ring catching me off guard.

immediately taking a bottle out and placing it on the counter i unlock my phone to see alejandro texted me making me feel at ease.

i might've forgotten he had my number as i also had his.

"hey jane it's alejandro. i was wondering if you were free tonight :)"

i smile seeing the smiley emoticon at the end before responding back to him.

"actually i'm free tonight. why?"

"i was just thinking if you'd like to go out with me tonight. i want for you to get to see this beautiful firework art show they're doing in town and was also thinking on taking you out for some dinner."

at this point no matter how dim the room was it was obvious the smile i had on my face was growing wider by the second each word being read.

"so... a date"

"well since you put it like that- yes. i would love to take you out tonight for a friendly date if you don't mind."

"i'd love to."

"great! i can pick you up in a few. maybe around 5?"

looking at the time i realized that he would be picking me up in a few minutes then since it was already 4:46pm.

damn i was out with dominic the whole day basically...

at the thought of dominic i shake my head and open up alejandro's text again. i had to stop thinking about him. he had a wife. he loved her. it wasn't me anymore.

was it even me to begin with?

"sure! i'm in the hotel downtown"

"perfect. i'll see you soon then amor. [love]"

at the pet name i blush soon taking a hand and placing it on my warm cheek. i had met this man not even 2 days ago and he had me blushing.

maybe he can make the rest of the week here in spain worth it. taking in the time i immediately head out of the kitchen completely forgetting the cold bottle of water i had pulled from the fridge before heading towards my wardrobe to get ready for tonight.

-

tugging the bottom of my dress i look at myself in the bathroom mirror taking in my outfit for tonight.
i had worn a pretty brown dress that came up towards over my knees with lace on the top of the breast portion and the bottom.

overtop i wore a small cardigan for when it would be cold out and some black heels i had packed up.
my hair was up in a ponytail with my dangly gold earrings.

i had looked... beautiful.

it was pretty rare for me to see myself get all dressed up and pretty but when i did i would always do a good job at it.

taking a quick turn to let the dress flow soon with me, i get another ring from my phone making my head snap towards the counter to see alejandro had texted me he was in the main lobby waiting for me.

i let out a sigh rubbing my hands on my dress to 'smooth' it down when in reality i was just trying to rub the slight sweaty mess that was accumulated on my palms.

i was pretty nervous to see how tonight would go.

soon grabbing my phone and purse, i went and headed out now walking towards the elevators before being interrupted by someone calling my name.