17

...
DOMINIC

as i let my hands rise up towards ambers head to gently push her off of my shoulder and onto the pillow of the jet seat carefully, i wipe the palm of my hands on my pants before kissing my teeth and standing up.

jane didn't hesitate on moving her eyes forward and seeing my form following towards her seat before slamming her book shut and placing it on her lap.

with the seat next to her being empty, i sat down facing her as she looked at me back wondering why i was here.

"i'm sorry." i blurt out making her breath hitch and her eyes slightly go wide. "i don't know why i'm saying sorry but it feels like i have to. i'm sorry jane. i'm so fucking sorry for everything i've done to you or said. whether it was now or years back. i'm
so sorry."

my voice was deep but soft as i try not to scare her away from me once again. i could see from the corner of my eyes jane starting to fidget with a page from her book, slowly rolling it onto her cuticle as i bite the inside of my cheek nervously.

"dominic why?" her eyes fully meets mines as it felt like the world now consisted only with the two of us.

jane and i alone.

"why what?" "why now" she spoke gently now bringing her leg up to place her arm around her knee and face me completely now. "why say sorry now when we're nothing. absolutely nothing at all. there is no need for sorry."

she kept fidgeting with the book page making my hand touch her fingers to a stop before holding it in my warm palm.

"because i need to. I want to jane. now that i have you back all this guilt and hurt keeps clouding my mind. i don't want that. i don't want that at all. especially knowing that you barely talk to me unless it's about chloe. i don't mind that, don't get me wrong but i also want the jane that's happy and that doesn't care how loud she gets when she talks about what she loves to both friends and family. i want the jane who keeps up with a conversation no matter what it is about. i want my jane."

as i finish talking i see her eyes shine with tears forming in her waterline before one quickly falls down making my thumb softly wipe it away from her cheek.

"you're married dom." she whispers making me wet my lips before softening my gaze at her. "i know..."
i whisper back still having my thumb carefully caress her cheek not daring to move it away from her face.

her skin was soft and so smooth. my warm hand felt even warmer on her cheek as she didn't whisper another word to me instead sat there looking into my eyes.

our breathing collided with the exact same rhythm as jane licks her lips making them shiny.

"i know..." i whisper again feeling my body twist soon nearing closer.

god what was i doing.

JANE

god what was i doing.

i could sense dominic nearing me as my lips part feeling my heart beat at a quicker pace. i kept reminding myself in my head he was with amber.

he's married jane. he's married. he's married.

my eyes go from his stubble to his nose, eyes and lips. "it's so hard to sit here and be close to you and not kiss you right now. fuck." dominic mutters those words closer towards my lips as i could see he was fighting the urge to maintain his sanity.

so was i.

we both were.

"jane i really want to kiss you right now." i shake my head at him feeling the tip of his nose drag across mines gently. "jane i really want to kiss you right now." he repeats making me dry swallow.

we were not even a feet away from amber's sleeping body as her own husband was sitting now next to me fighting the urge to kiss me.

to kiss me.

"please." not even a second later i feel dominic soft lips place upon mines. i hadn't felt nor tasted him in so long that memories flashed in my head like a movie clip.

my hands part away from the book slowly slipping away from my lap as dominic's hands collide towards the side of my neck bringing me closer.

the kiss was passionate yet quick and forceful as the tip of his tongue licks my bottom lip asking for entrance as i part them away for him to now fully take me in.

shaking my head i pull back now seeing dominic breathless with his lips now full and pink.

"amber—" i breath out as he cups my cheek again and shakes his head. "jane please." his voice came out as a hoarse whisper as i only pull away even more and stand up realizing what i had done.

"i-i can't dom im so sorry" without letting him speak another word i move past his legs and head off towards the bathroom.

with a click of the door i look at the mirror before sighing and feeling myself break down as tears form again in my eyes.

i fucked up.

real bad.

as i try to calm myself down trying to maintain my breathing and the tears from falling down, i finally unlock the door and push down my shirt.

once i was out of the bathroom, i walk back slowly towards the front of the jet and towards my seat.
dominic wasn't sitting anymore next to my seat and instead was back next to amber.

his eyes go from my body head to toe before looking out of the window not daring to look at my eyes.
i fight the urge to say anything before sitting down and tapping my knee now looking out the window as well.

i needed to go back home. asap.

why does he have such a strong hold on me still...