04

...
JANE

20 minutes had passed since i've arrived at amber's lovely home. we were both sitting in the kitchen as she kept asking me simple questions to make sure i was good enough.

not for her but for her own child.

"well personally i think you fit amazing for the job" she enthusiastically puts it with her hands onto the marble kitchen counters making me smile widely from ear to ear.

"but—" i stop smiling waiting for her next sentence as i felt my heart drop to the ground. i hate suspense but right now this feels like a colleen hoover book you can't wait to get your hands on for the next chapter, due to how stressful it is.

"you still need to meet my husband so he can make sure you're right for the part" her voice drops down a few like a soft mutter as i nod understandingly.

"that's fine i get that" my hands tug onto my sweater before she smiles and stands up from her seat. "well let me get chloe from her playroom so you can meet her"

with that she only turns up on her heel and walks out and up the long staircase. as soon as i see her form fade away just like the sounds of her heels clicking i immediately let go of a unknown breath i was holding onto.

god why was this so stressful.

i look at the time on my phone before tapping the case with my thumb. the time read 9:42 am as i glanced back up from an unexpected sound.

"and you are?" a loud voice rings around the kitchen startling me as i turn around to see a broad man standing there already.

his black hair was slicked back with a heavy amount of gel as he wore a simple white shirt with navy blue slacks and some expensive looking shoes.

he also had a dark beard coating his jawline and a bit on his upper lip as i glance down at his moving hand to see the glistening of the shiny wedding band.

THAT was amber's husband.

"h-hi im jane. i'm just here for the babysitting job" i shyly spoke due to how intimidating he was. he only hums not daring to leave his gaze with mines as i felt smaller in my seat.

as if the kitchen stool was now non-existent and i was now the size of a rag doll.

i soon didn't have to worry about the intense eye contact as i hear amber call out my name before seeing her holding hands with the little girl from the shop i had seen yesterday.

her eyes move towards her husbands form who was now leaning onto the wall staring at us now as she only smiles at him.

"baby you're home" the little girl whom now i assumed was chloe jogs up to me and grabs my fingers making me gasp inaudibly. "mommy says i-i will have a b-babysitter and that's you!"

she squeals making my ears hurt but a smile to be formed.

"yes sweetheart but that's if your dad gets to know me and accepts as well" at the mention of him the man looks at me again before pushing himself off the wall and point a finger at me.

"follow me to my office." he states before walking off making me almost fall from the stool as i stood up quickly.

chloe moves herself away from me as amber just sighs and twists her mouth a bit. "don't be scared. he's just like that with new people"

i only respond with a nod before walking out of the kitchen to see the door across from the staircase open.

that must be it.

as my head turns to angle in the room i see him tap on his chin moving left to right before indicating me to close the door. i did as he shown before stepping inside fully.

"so jane.?" i smooth my sweater down nervously. "tell me about yourself" his eyes meets mines as i look into the color of them.

he had gorgeous blue eyes that could hypnotize anyone as i felt like my lips and throat had become dry in an instant.

i don't know what it was but he seemed so familiar to me i just couldn't hold my finger to it.

i noticed he kept waiting for me to tell him more about myself as i snapped out of my gaze and started to talk.

i had told him about why i wanted the job, a little bit about me such as my passion and what i like; and i even expressed my educational background just incase.

"—andddd yeah." i stopped talking as i realized i went on a whole ramble only for me to see him stiffen up like a cardboard piece making me look at him weirdly.

"what high school did you say you went to?" he questions as i silently huff. maybe he didn't hear me correctly. was i too quiet? did i bored him out of the conversation?

"cleaf high. went there my freshman year and finished off with my diploma" i smile at the mention of my old good times as he only blinks at me.

he shakes his head as i hear him mumble something under his breath.

"excuse me?" i try to step to the side for better hearing as he looks at me again before lifting his shirt up making my hands fly towards my face.
"SIR! this is HIGHLY inappropriate oh my—"

he interrupted with a sigh. "jane caz cervetto" he mumbles making my eyes go wide underneath the palm of my hands before moving them away from my face and looking down.

2 butterflies tattooed on the top of his v-line near the band of his briefs. the exact same butterflies i had on my wrist.

"no." it was him.

him.