18

...
JANE

"thank you for being with us this week jane. you can have the next few days off. you must be really tired" amber pats my shoulder as i licked my lips and hum.

you have NO idea.

"thank you amber" she shakes her head swiftly giving me a hug before pulling back and carrying chloe inside of their home. "i can take you home" i hear from behind me dominic speak making me turn around and shake my head.

the kiss from earlier kept replaying in my head like a vinyl as i couldn't catch a quick nap on the jet either. i felt horrible but at the same time liked the feeling it had on me.

"i can call a cab" i push past him before stopping feeling his hand touch my wrist. "please jane. let me take you home" his voice pleads as i stop not before saying a slight yes to him.

no matter what dominic still had somewhat of a hold on me for some reason.

he gives me a small smile before unclasping his hand on me and walking with me towards his bmw.

turning the engine on, he soon starts to place the car in reverse before heading off of his driveway into the busy streets of new york.

no matter how hectic this place would be i will always love living here. it's my forever home no matter what. "about the kiss..."

"don't. it was nothing don't worry." i stop him before giving him an uncertain chuckle making him shift in his seat and turn his focus back on the road.

"let's just forget about it and move on" i give him a smile as he responds back with one and a small nod.
may my sanity still be with me.

-

taking my luggage out of his car and handing it to me, dominic places both of his hands in his pockets before looking down at me. "if you need anything the next few days call me." he says as i only nod knowing there really isn't much for me to call him for.

"have a nice night dom" i mutter as he bids me a goodbye before turning around and leaving him near his car to enter the apartments.

once finding my key in my pocket i unlock my door soon revealing the slight mess i had left before leaving to spain. with a sigh, i throw my key on the bar table and place my luggage near the doorframe to take my shoes off.

the smell of the slightly old cranberry vanilla candle i had lit on beforehand was still roaming in the air making me calm as i soon get caught off guard with my phone ringing.

alejandro's contact name pops up for videocall making me smile before sliding it open to reveal him in his bed with the sheets bundled around him like a burrito.

"hey there bella" he spoke with a smile as i smile back. "hey burrito man" alejandro laughs shifting under his sheets as i head up towards my room with my phone in hand.

before leaving spain both alejandro and i went to a nightclub to spend my last moments in spain with a good amount of whiskey and bacardi in my system. as well as a whole lot of laughter and dancing.

it was very fun but the aftermath of waking up at 5 am in my hotel room to throw up wasn't all so pretty.

"how are you? did you miss new york a lot?" he questions looking at me as i place my phone down on my bed—carefully making sure he could still see me as i take my socks off and unbutton my shirt to leave me in only my bra.

"it was... fine." i hesitate for a moment as alejandro props himself up on his bed and raises an eyebrow at me. "what happened?" "what do you mean, what happened? nothing happened."

i shrug making him kiss his teeth and roll his eyes at me through the screen. "you're a horrible liar jane" i gasp at him. "no i'm not!" he looks at me dead in my eyes. "if you keep on lying i will cut off my minute plan and stop calling you from here."

damn it.

with a sigh i sit down taking my phone back in my hands before looking at him.

"get your popcorn because this is a lot."

he nods soon hearing everything that had happened the moment i stepped out of spain.

-

"you're fucked." i run my forehead at alejandro while nodding at his words. "did you feel anything?" he asks cautiously as i stop for a moment processing his words.

"did you feel anything?"

did i feel anything? i mean it felt nice at first and i melted within the kiss and his touch in an instant but it felt awful afterwards. i felt guilty in the end. but good.

"i—don't know." i say sincerely as he nods with a quick sigh. "just be careful bella. don't want you hurting yourself for him. it would do no good"

biting my bottom lip i nod. "thank you ale" i mutter as he smiles and looks at me softly with so much care in the world. "anytime jane"