25

...
JANE

tears streamed down my cheeks as i felt the air that was in me slowly start to fade away.
little by little did i know that my heart was breaking. little by little did i know i was only hurting my own self.

hearing my heart pumping through my ears and the ringing start to sound louder around me, i soon hear his footsteps come into the room.

my back facing him as i hold my hands near my chest. gripping onto my hoodie trying to find some sort of solution to everything.

"jane." he spoke hoarsely as i ignored him trying my hardest to suck in some air to breathe. "jane." he calls out again still letting his voice low and raspy to the ears.

"JANE" he finally shouts letting his voice echo around the room startling me as i jump now feeling my shakiness come back.

i could hear him sigh before grabbing back onto the doorknob and wiggling it. "stop being so pathetic jane. just roll over baby and talk. talk to me."

i gulp down as i feel my fingers slowly uncurl themselves from my hoodie strings. "i can't dom. not right now please." my voice came out as a whisper but still very clear for him to hear what i was intending to say to him.

i hear him kiss his teeth only for me to imagine how he was right now. leaning near the door, hand in knob, face red, and hair disheveled.

everything clear for me to know he wasn't happy with me right now. same goes for me to him.

before i knew it, the sound of the door slamming catches me as i realized he left me now alone in the room.

he wasn't there anymore. anything but him. his scent. his stuff. but not him. he wasn't here.

"you can stop here" i point towards the coffee shop that's open all night as dominic snaps his head towards me with a confused look on his face.

"this isn't your apartment though" "don't care. i can walk and plus i want coffee and a donut right now."
without wanting to fight dominic only stops the car letting me open the door and slam it shut, just wanting this night to end for good.

looking from side to side making sure not to get ran over by a stupid bus, i walk across the street still being careful with the dress before entering the shop soon hearing the door bells hanging over top jingle gently.

the place felt warm and cozy with a nice smell of toasted coffee beans and treats of all sorts. this. this is what i needed right now.

i walk towards the front to see a young girl probably around 17 years old as she looks up from the counter and gives me a small smile. "hi! what can i get you tonight?"

rolling my bottom lip between my teeth i start to order a vanilla latte and a cream filled donut making my stomach growl. that damn dinner had small food that can't even last me a whole 20 minutes in my digestive system before being hungry again.

as the young girl takes the money i had saved in my bra for the night, she begins making my latte now letting me take a seat in the corner with a good view of the slight traffic still down the street.

letting my finger roll upon my cuticle i get startled by the door bells jingling again only for me to look up and see dominic walking in with his suit jacket off towards me.

mouth now wide open as i stop my actions, he sits next to me in the table i was sat at before sighing and giving me a smile.

"what a nice place. what did you get?" he casually says making me look at him dumbfounded. "why are you here still?" i blurt out suddenly as he leans back onto his chair. before he could respond my name was called for my coffee and donut.

"i'll go get that for you" even when i start to protest that i can get my stuff, there he goes standing up and heading off to grab my order and come back. "here" he gestures to the pink coffee cup and donut as i take it quietly and place them in-front of me.

the aroma of the vanilla latte hits my nose making me sigh at the smell of it before taking a nice sip of my drink while holding the cup with my two hands.

"and for your question, i just wanted to be here. it's 10:51 already and didn't want to leave you alone."

rolling my eyes i wipe my now wet lips before grabbing my donut. "i'm a grown woman. i think i can take care of myself." i take a big bite of my donut savoring the sweet taste of the cream filling inside with a hum following along making dominic chuckle.

"what." he shakes his head. "nothing you're just cute." his smile slowly starts forming wider on his lips before making me almost choke onto the piece of donut still in my mouth.

as i cover my mouth with my hand to gulp down the bite i take it off before wiping my fingers from some of the pink icing on top of my nails.

"stop being such a flirt and go back home dom." he stops for a moment before handing me his suit jacket catching me off guard. "take it" "huh?"

pushing the suit jacket more towards my chest he sighs when i didn't know what was happening before standing up and coming towards my side.

my eyes never left his form as he stops in-front of me now unraveling the suit jacket open.

"come closer and turn around" doing as he said i feel his cold fingertips glide down my shoulder sending goosebumps to follow around my body before sliding the jacket over me.

as i turn back around to face him, he pulls himself back to take a quick glance at me. his jacket was a bit big on me due to the size and height difference between us both.

"it's getting pretty cold out there so keep it for as long as you want" feeling speechless at the kind act i shake my head. "dominic—"

his hand goes up in the air to wave it around interrupting me from speaking. "get some rest preciosa" and with those last words hanging in the air he gently leans in to kiss my cheek before pushing back and walking out.

leaving me there alone in the shop.