18. Wednesday

Episode: 3X11
Song: Here I Go Again by Whitesnake

Sams POV:

Right before our eyes the old man turned into Gabriel. I was completely shocked. I swore we had killed him.

"Why are you doing this?" Sam huffed.

"You're joking right? You chuckleheads tried to kill me last time. Why wouldn't I do this?"

"Hey Hasselback. What about him?" Dean asked referring to the man we were here for in the first place.

"That putz? He said he didn't believe in wormholes, so I dropped him in one." He laughed like a maniac. "Then you guys showed up. I made you the second you hit town."

"So this is fun for you?" I was full of rage. "Killing Dean over and over again?"

"One: Yes, it is fun. And two: this is soo not about killing Dean. This joke is on you, Sam."

Venus and Dean looked at me confused.

"Watching your brother die, and what's her face over there in excrutiating pain everyday. Forever."

"You son of a bitch" I was really contemplating just stabbing my stake into his throat right now.

"How long will it take you to realize... you can't save your brother... no matter what?"

"Oh yeah? I kill you, this all ends now." I pushed the stake into his throat more.

"Wow! Okay, okay. Look. I was just playing around. You can't take a joke? Fine. You're out of it. Tomorrow, you wake up, it'll be Wednesday. I swear."

"You're lying." I said.

"If I am, you know where to find me. Having pancakes at the diner."

Venessa sighed from disbelief.

"Guys, I still don't even know what this thing is." Venus spoke up.

"He's a trickster god." Both Dean and I said in unison.

I took a moment to think and looked to Dean for affirmation.

"No. Easier to just kill you."

"Sorry, kiddo. Can't have that." With that he snapped his fingers.

I jolted awake to the song 'Back in Time' playing on the radio. When I sat up in astonishment I saw Dean brushing his teeth, and Venus tying up her boots on the bed beside me.

"Were you gonna sleep all day?" Dean asked.

"No Asia." Was all I could say.

"Yeah, I know. This station sucks ass." Venus said going up to the radio to attempt to change the station.

I looked at the alarm clock to check the date.

"It's Wednesday!" I said with amazment.

"Yeah, which usually comes after Tuesday. Turn that thing off Venus."

"What are you kidding? This isn't the most beautiful song you've ever heard?" I said jumping out of bed.

"No, that would be Fergalicious." Venus winked at Dean about some inside joke; Dean looked, well.... taken a back.

"Geez, how many tuesdays did you have?" Dean said after shaking out of Venus' trance.

"I don't know. I lost count. Hey, wait. What do you guys remember?"

"I remember you were pretty wacked out of it yesturday, and then I remember running into the trickster. But no, thats about it."

"All right. Pack your stuff. Lets get the hell out of town. Now." I said while buttoning up my shirt in urgency.