14. Deal?

Disclaimer: I do not on the supernatural, only Venessa/her story/ personal thoughts/family
Episode:02x22
Song: Don't Let me Down by The Chainsmokers (feat. Daya)

Sam, Dean, and I sat beside the table in Bobby's house watching as he poured holy water into a shot class. He slid it over to Ellen and she held it.

"Bobby is this really necessary?"She asked displeased.

"Just a belt of holy water. Shouldn't hurt."

She drank it down and swallowed. Nothing happened.

"Whiskey now, if you don't mind." She said as she slid it back to him.

I smiled and chuckled to myself.

"Ellen, what happened? How'd you get out?" Dean asked.

"I wasn't supposed to. I was supposed to be in there with everybody else." She scoffed. "But we ran out of pretzels,  of all things. It was just dumb luck." She said as she grabbed the shot glass Bobby slid back to her. "Anyway, that's when Ash called, panic in his voice. He told me to look in the safe. Then the call cut out. By the time I got back, the flames were sky-high, and everybody was dead. I couldn't have been gone more than 15 minuets."

"Sorry Ellen." Sam apologized.

"A lot of good people died in there. And I got to live.... lucky me." She said sadly.

"Ellen, you mentioned a safe." Bobby reminded her.

"A hidden safe we keep in the basement."

"Demons get what was in it?"

"No." She said.

She pulled a map out of her jacket and handed it to Dean, who opened it and put it on the table.

"Wyoming. What does that mean?" He said.

I looked at the map. There were trails that were traced and places marked with X's.

After a while of looking through books trying to get at what Ash found Bobby finally found something.

"I don't believe it." He said holding a book in his hands flipping a page.

He placed it down on a table in his study.

"What? You got something?" Sam asked.

"A lot more than that. Each of these X's is an abandoned frontier church-- all mid-19th century. And all of then built by Samuel Colt."

"Samuel Colt? The Demon-killing, gunmaking  Samuel Colt?" Dean asked.

"Yep. And there's more. He built private railway lines connecting church to church. It just so happens to lay out like this."

He drew a line connecting to each church. I stood in bewilderment and suprisment as I looked at the pentagram that was drawn on the map.

"Tell me that's not what I think it is." Dean said.

"Its a Devils trap. A 100-square-mile Devils trap." Sam said.

"That's brilliant. Iron lines demons can't cross!" Dean said.

"I never heard of anything that massive." Ellen said stunned.

"No one has." Bobby exclaimed.

"None of the lines are broken? It still works?" Dean asked.

"Definitely." Sam said.

"How do you know?" Dean asked Sam.

"All those omens Bobby found. The demons, they must be circling and they can't get in."