9. Top High Score

Disclaimer: I don't own anything in this book except for Venessa and her family and story.
Episode(s): 2x02-2x10
Song: My Girl (Gone, Gone, Gone) by Chilliwack

I woke up in a place I had never been to before. It was an abandoned house. I stood up from the rotting grey wood and looked around. A worn out couch was beside me along with a fireplace and mirror on top. I looked out the window and saw other abandoned houses and stores. I was in a ghost town. I stepped out and looked for anyway out of the town but it was all surrounded by dead trees.

Where am I?

I explored more around the town to find anyone else. But I was alone. I called out for hours but if anyone was here they didn't come out. The sun was setting so I went back to the house I woke up in. By the time the moon was up it was freezing cold and completely dark. I collected up broken wood from around the rotting house and piled them up.

Shit. I don't have a lighter.

I looked around for anything to use but there was nothing. Then a voice said something in my head.

Use your power.

Power. What pow--

Then I remembered. Azazel had given me powers. I suddenly remembered everything. I stretched out my arm towards the logs. I concentrated on letting the fire escape. Then a stream of fire shot out of my hand. I couldn't control it. My hand went everywhere from the pressure and everything was starting to catch on fire. I concentrated hard on stopping it and many minutes later I got it to stop. I looked around at the burning house and sighed.

I guess I'll have to practice controlling it.

5 months later
I've been here for 5 months. People have come by once awhile but always die from the spirits and creatures stalking and haunting this place. I've learned how to control my powers. Some people even get here and start to fight eachother claiming their the chosen ones. Once they come for me though all I have to do it put my hand out and toast them. Everyone who learns about my power acts like I'm their god or something. They stick behind me for protection. I was the first one here. And I can't leave until I die or until I'm the last one.

I woke up from the bed I had made 3 months ago and put out the fire beside me. I grabed my knife and went outside to go scavage for food. I was going through some bushes when I heared a women yell for help. I ran towards it and found a small women with short blonde hair scared as hell.

"Hi." I said.

"Where am I?!" She asked.

"Beats me. I woke up here just like you. But five months ago."

"Five....five months ago!!! Oh god!!" She started to cry.

"Hey its ok. As long as you stick with me you'll be safe." I gave her a comforting smile. "What powers do you have?" I asked.

"P-powers?"

"Yeah. Everyone who comes here has some kind of power."

"Oh. Ugh. I have visions." She said. "But that's not really a power."

"Sure it is. I know a guy with that power too."

"You- you do? Was he here once."She asked.

"No. But I'm waiting for him so he knows I'm safe."

"Oh."

I showed her around the town and where I slept. I gave her the extra bed I always had for when ever someone woke up here. We found food together and cooked it over the fire. She hadn't seen me make it though so she still doesn't know what power I have.