7. The Slow Dying Flower

Disclaimer: I don't own Supernatural....
Episode: 02x01
Where: Missouri
Song: My Skin by Natalie Merchant

My eyes opened and I screamed and quickly sat up. Pain shot through my chest and ribs.

"Venessa!" I heard Sams voice beside me.

He pushed me back down so I was laying down. All I remember was that we were going to the hospital and then something hit the car sending me flying out of the window, and that was it. I didn't know how much time had passed. All I knew was that I was in the hospital only seeing Sam.

"Where am I!!" I screamed.

Dean came running into the room with a suprised looked on his face.

"We're in a hospital. Don't worry. We're here." Sam said.

Dean rushed over to me and hugged me. I hugged him back tightly. He stopped hugging me but was still holding on looking into my eyes.

"We thought we lost you." He said.

A doctor came rushing into the room.

"You're awake!" He said.

"What happened." I asked.

"You were hit by a semi truck, and you were thrown into the door window and landed on the ground infront of the crash. Luckily it wasn't the road, but you still suffered severe head trama. You were put into a coma. And you had many injuries where you impacted the ground but there's one in particular where I don't understand."

"What is it?" I asked.

"A bullet hole in your leg."

"Oh. Um. That was the reason we were on our way to the hospital. Some guy came out of no where demanding to give him everything I had but I refused so he shot me." I lied.

"Ok."

"Um. What are my.... injuries." I asked.

"Well, you have some broken ribs and a dislocated arm," I looked down to my arm which I hadn't even noticed was in a sling, "a cracked skull, cuts on the face and body, and gashes in the arms and stomach. That's mainly all of them." He told me. You're very, very lucky you didn't die in that car crash."

"Thank you." I said.

"I'm going to get you a cat scan in a few minutes." He told me.

I nodded my head and with that he left the room. I looked to Sam and Dean.

"Where's John." I asked nervously.

Thy exchanged looks of sadness.

"He's.... he's...." Sam tried to say. Dean just shook his head.

Tears welded up in my eyes.

No. No. He can't be dead. He can't. He... we were supposed to kill this thing together. Together. And now he's...

My lip quivered and tears started to roll down my cheeks.

"He....he sold his soul to Yellow eyes for Dean." Sam told me.

I closed my eyes. This couldn't be happening. Another person in my life was dead. Oh god. My heart swelled with pain. My chest hurt from the heart ache. I covered my face with my hands and tried to hide the tears.

Why does this always happen to me. The minute I started to get attached to someone, they die.

"I told you!! I told you everyone in my life dies! I warned you Dean!" I yelled at them.