Chapter 23 - Closer To The Truth

Aris pov:

"Ari please calm down" san said pacing around after me, trying to get me to relax but I couldn't. My mind was clouded with dark thoughts, I could see nothing but my parents corpses infront of me.

"we'll save them, I promise Ari, i won't let you lose them" yeosang said pulling me into a tight hug. I felt safe with him, I trusted him. I knew that his promise meant they will survive and I will be able to see them again.

"we should all rest for a bit, we need it" hongjoong said and everyone headed of in different directions.

Seoks pov:

"how are my guests doing" I said to the two terrified people infront of me. Seeing them so powerless and weak made my heart warm, I felt unstoppable.

"you know when prisoners are sent to Thier death but still get Thier last meal" they nodded, scared and weak, I wanted to laugh but I held it in "answer honestly, what would yours be?".

The confusion was viable but yet they answered with no hesitation. "dumplings" answered the woman, "chicken soup" answered the man.

Okay, was the only answer I gave them until I left. Leaving them lost for words once again.

Yeosang pov:

Me and Ari where both in her room as seeing her so paranoid made me want to protect her and make sure she's okay.

"Ari i know your scared and worried, but please let me make it better"

"you don't understand what I'm feeling yeosang"

"I do"

"how"

Flashback:

"please don't hurt mummy" I begged, my Cries harmonising with the begs and cries coming from my mother.

"get out of here yeosang" my father said pushing me away still pointing his gun at my mother, I hid under the table from fear grabbing the knife that my father dropped on the floor seconds before all this. "mummy been a bad girl yeosang, she has to pay her price".

The screams and crys were blocking all my senses. All I could do is stab my father whilst his and my mother's blood merged together creating a pool of crimson on the ground.

End flashback:

"he killed her so I killed him".

Sans pov:

Every time I looked in the mirror I saw Ari in me. What wooyoung told me made me realise how alike we really are.

I didn't want to believe it but maybe we are related in some sort of way.

The only way to find out would be to somehow talk to her parents after we save them or see if she has the same birthmark as mine.

I need answers. I need to get closer to the truth.

*****

What do you think San and Ari have incomen. I would love to hear your ideas :)

We'll find out in chapter 24.

I couldn't be asked to go into detail with san's and possibly Ari's birthmark so I'll show you how it looks like.

He has this on his wrist.