27

"No,go on."Irene left the room as if nothing happened,trying to prevent her tears from falling so bad.

"Irene!"Jisoo tried to follow her but Soojoo stopped her.

"WHAT?!"She shouted angrily.

"Just stay here with me,Jisoo!I know you still love me!"Jisoo pushed her away.

"I don't know where your mistress is but I don't give a damn!That will never be excuse to ruin anything!"

"Do you and Irene have anything?Marriage?What kind of relationship?!"

"It's none of your business leave me alone!"Jisoo walked away,she immediately ride the elevator and went to the parking lot,quickly going to her car.She wants to check if Irene went home.She drove back to her unit,she used her key.She opened the door and she saw Irene's shoes at the shoe rack,she confirmed that Irene's home.She took off her shoes,she walked in,she looked around.From the living room,the restroom and the last part she's not checking yet,is their room.She unlocked the door slowly and she saw Irene crying beside the bed,in front of the night stand.Jisoo walked closer to her,then she stood up just in front of her.Jisoo offered her hand so Irene could stand up,Irene held it and Jisoo pulled her up,then she hugged her.

"I'm sorry.."Jisoo whispered as she hugged her tight.Irene sobbed at her chest."I didn't know she will be at my meeting and that moment is a whole misunderstanding.She suddenly kissed me and I was so surprised that I wasn't able to respond.I know you won't believe my words,Rene.And I won't invalidate those feeling you're feeling right now,alright?I will wait till you forgive me."Jisoo said as she kissed Irene's forehead.

"I..I was scared."Irene finally spoke up."I was scared that I will loose you.You loved her before for years and I'm here with you just because of a accident.And..and I can even predict if we have mutual feelings,you know?I have nothing to hold on to.I don't even know what we are.Casual friends? Partners for our kids' future?Or just simply business.I don't understand what I'm feeling right now,Jisoo.And seeing you with that girl makes me doubt everything."Irene said.

"It's okay,Irene.Rest first,we can talk about it some other time."

After that conversation,they were just quiet the whole day.They were just exchanging glances and nods,they even slept in different rooms,Jisoo wants to give her privacy so she stayed at a different room.She woke up the next morning and she immediately went to check on Irene but to her surprise,Irene wasn't at her room.

"Rene?"She checked the whole unit but Irene was not found.She went back at the room,hoping she'll see Irene there.But all she found is a folded paper on top of the nightstand.She opened it.

Maybe I already left as you read this.I left at midnight after thinking some time.Soojoo,is the girl you really love.Maybe you're just pushing yourself to love me so that we can have a whole family for our kids,when all the while Soojoo is still the one in your heart.I want you to persue her again because I know that's what will make you happy.You were so devastated when she left,so I bet you would really love to be with her again.About the kids don't worry,we can talk about the custody.I went back home,to my hometown.I am sorry I'm not yet ready to see you but maybe after few months,I'll give you a text to tell you about the kids.

-Irene

Jisoo's eyes formed tears as she crumpled the paper.

"N-No.."