ONYIYE THAT GIRL

ONYIYE THAT GIRL
CHAPTER 5

LINDIWE NGOBESE

Fist day at school and already she's not loving her first day at all.
Busy streets of Durban - maybe going back home will do.
Everything here is just different, confusing, noisy, too many roads and cars!
Thankfully she lives in the school premises.

She looks around the school yard hoping that maybe, just maybe she will spot her forever smiling friend even she's going through the most.
She sighs sadly noticing that Onyi is not with her but back at home in that abusive environment.
But she is hoping for something positive about and in her.

First lesson in Boston City Campus wasn't that bad. She is actually looking forward in her study for Media.
BJMC (Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication) has always been her favourite ever since growing up. And now that she is in this industry she will make the most of it.

"You've been looking at those books ever since you came back from class. You still have alot of those in the next upcoming 3 years. No shoot that, you may have the chance to add a sandwich year and spend 12 months in industry, meaning that your degree will last four years."

Lindiwe sighs closing her book. This girl looks nothing like her Nyi.
"Hai," not too sure how to respond to her statement.
"Hai, I’m Thabisile and I live around here in Durban but prefer staying in campus. Where you from?" Thabisile asks as she took off her clothes throwing them on the floor.
"Eshowe," she responds politely.
"Umkhaya," she laughs out loud. "Is it true that when you are from the rural's you are outdated - undated. What do you call yourselves? Amaqaba right?" She continues to laugh.

Too many red flags she has noticed on this Thabisile girl already.
Books is what she came her for....
"There is a club down town farm Julia, would you like to tag along? Maybe meet ama boys nyanya who don't smell of smoke but expensive perfumes."
"No thanks. Clubs are not for me." Lindiwe.
"Because you guys do not have one, right?"
"Making fun of my hometown and where I come from....you know what I'm way to matured for this."
"And I'm not? 2 minutes nyana you in Durban already you now the biggest word mature. Hehehe wonders shall never end." She laughs heading to the bathroom butt naked.
Looks like she will have to look for another room. She can't stand to be disrespected.

She takes her phone and dials her mother but thinks twice and drops the phone before she could even pick up.
If she tells that woman she will come here with the first available taxi and cause havoc in the campus and she doesn't want any of that.
She dials Onyi before it could even ring for the second time she picks up.
"Sthuphethu,"
"Friend." Lindiwe is delighted to her only true friends voice.
"Miss me already?" She asks giggling over the phone. This is what Lindiwe meant. Onyiye smiles and laughs though the pains she's feeling.
"In an actual fact I do. Everything this side is just not for me. I just wish you were here with me, you know."
"Me too but hay it is what is it. Why are you not sleeping?"
"Onyiye it's only 4pm,"
"Ow thought that maybe the times are different you know."
Lindiwe burst into laughter. "Onyi! Girl." She continues to laugh.
"Stop laughing now. I get the point."
She says giggling. A knock on the door.
"Someone is at the door, I will call you back."

She opens the door and freeze for a moment.
"Sure," the guy let's himself in. "Is Thabi around?" He asks settling down on the couch.
"Thabi?"
"Thabisile,"
She feels stupid. "Ow," she walks back but he stops her.
"Mpilwenhle Myeza is the name."
She turns to look at him confused.
"Huh,"
""Mpilwenhle Myeza is my name." He repeats calmly.
"Ow okay," she hurries back to her room and shuts the door holding her chest doing breathing exercises.
Do Durban have such handsome mean?
Those neatly made dreadlocks, that Tattoo on his arm. By looking at him he just screams -D-A-N-G-E-R-O-U-S!