ONYIYE THAT GIRL

ONYIYE THAT GIRL
CHAPTER 52

SISIPHO MAZIBUKO

She doesn’t know what the hell is going on – but whatever it is she hopes that her sister will pull through like she did years back when they were mistreating her. Throughout the past seven months she has been awfully quiet and stressed. She tried reaching out multiple times but no a available response. She took it upon herself to go down to a foreign city to look after her. She just came back from maternity leave but motherhood has not been that because because of her breaking sister.
“I do not even know what to do. I am certain that she is dying inside and I seem like a failure that once failed her before.”
She is in the office unable to work. Her mind is shifting all over confused…
“Love and support are the best things you can give to your sister. Make sure that she knows that she is not alone and that you will be right by her side helping her along the way. That is all I can advise you for now at the moment.”
She nods her head and sighs. Her stomach grumbles painfully and then it strikes, she hadn’t had breakfast and its now midday! How careless of her. She needs to gain some few kilos back. That baby can suck her nipple for hours without stop.
“I'm going out to buy lunch.” She looks at her wristwatch and indeed it is her lunch break. She pulls out her purse inside her bag and walks out.
Gerald follows her behind…
“Where are you going?”
She stops on her tracks, “where are you going?” she asks again. Surely he is ignoring her her in purpose.
“I am coming with you.” he responds.
“Gerald, you have a meeting in an hour. Aren't you supposed to be preparing yourself?”
“If only you could stop talking and let's, go, we will be back before the meeting can even start.”
She tried. Seems like he enjoys following her around. She hops into the front seat and buckles up.
“No way!” She says in a half scream. Gerald also hops in.
“What's with that smile on your face?” He smiles while driving out of the parking lot.
“When did you buy this car?” Shes asks, touching every seat. Yesterday her tiny butt was not in this car!
“I fetched this morning after dropping you at work. I wanted to surprise you."
Today he is driving a Mercedes-Bens A-Class A200 AMG LINE DSL 7G-DCT
“I feel like a celebrity at the moment.” She speaks. He parks the car in the parking lot and they both step up.
She is craving doughnuts and that is exactly what her mouth will ravish. She has to admit cravings for hard. She is standing by the bakery looking at all the goodies displayed. Gerald holds her from behind and kisses her neck.
“We have a meeting to get to woman. Make it snappy.” He whispers making her giggle. As if she asked him to be here. Now she  doesn't have the time admire these sweet doughnuts. She buys the doughnuts that she loves and they walk out hand in hand.
She bumps into Lungisani and Thandeka passing by the bakery. Lungisani notices her and he keeps his eyes on her. Gerald sneaks his hand behind her butt and squeezes it making her to push his hand off her. Gerald opens the door for Sisipho and helps her in…

The day went on pretty fast and she did want it to end and surprisingly that Cici girl has been avoiding her at all cost and she prays that it stays like that forever. She just cannot wait to hold her baby girl in her arms. She looks at her phone and she notices a missed call from an unsaved number she knows. She sighs pacing her phone aside, she is not in the mood to deal a moody Lungisani. What could he possibly want from her? Just because he saw her this morning now, he has to ruin her happiness. Was it not enough when his sister took the only happiness that had ever happened to her? Or maybe, he thinks that she really did an abortion? If that is the case then he should kick himself where the sun doesn't shine. No daughter of hers will be seen by that man.
She walks out of the office and she notices a post on the front door of the entrance. Fronk desk assistance required…
She walks past and greets the rest of the guys before walking out of the building.
She finds Gerald already waiting for her - his face looks sour.
“What's wrong?” she asks standing beside him. She will never get used to this beautiful car. She imagines herself seated inside with her baby…
“My mother is in hospital.” He speaks. She takes a deep breath and gives him a side hug.
“We can pass by the hospital.”
He nods his head in exhaustion and sighs.
She moves exactly how he feels. Having a hospitalized mother is no joke. She's been there and it was a difficult experience. With her no family ever came by to check up on them beside mamncane even though they had a terrible encounter and she still needs to apologize to that woman.
She looks at him as he is driving clenching his jaws. She knows better not to say anything.